cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

lorand4870
Adept I

AMD RYZEN 5 2600X BOTTLENECK

Hi,i have a AMD 2600x cpu,my problem is that crysis 3 runs poorly on normal conditions with a gtx 1060 6gb,getting like 50 fps with 65-75% gpu usage and 10-20%cpu usage,everything on stock except ram(3200 mhz 14-13-13-28).My problem is fixed once i close the game,run ryzen master (still on stock settings no oc profiles),and then enter the game again,getting like 75-80 fps average with 99% gpu usage.My config is:Asus Crosshair VI hero WiFi,16 gb ram gskill 3600 mhz cl17,Amd 2600x cpu,Asus Strix gtx 1060 6gb,1 ssd,1 hdd.Hope you can help me ! Have a nice day !

0 Likes
19 Replies

Hey, do you have the windows power plan on highest ?

lorand4870
Adept I

Yes i do,i've tried all power plans including amd ryzen balanced with restart after applying each power plan but still doesn't solve my problem.

0 Likes

Could it be possible it is a Nvidia GPU driver issue and not a CPU issue?

Here is the latest Nvidia driver for your GPU card: Drivers | GeForce . This is for Windows 10. You didn't mention which version of Windows you have installed.

I have latest drivers nvidia 417.71 64 bit, and Windows 10 pro 64 bit version 1809.I think the problem is related to cpu core management.

0 Likes

It's possible, I have the same issue with the game : CS GO

But with this game it also happens with other AMD processors and even Intel processors and nothing I did/ they suggest solves it.

Been talking with Nvidia and AMD for a while now the resolve the problem.

You should contact AMD and Nvidia directly.

lorand4870
Adept I

CS GO works just fine, had no problem with it. What PC specs do you have prodoctor1987?

0 Likes

We need to actually see a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM).  Please use the image icon at the top of the reply window not some external link.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

Ryzen Master.png

0 Likes

The CPU Voltage looks very low.  Have you tried Precision Boost?  Enjoy, John.

Actual cpu voltage is 1.4v,Ryzen Master is not reading correctly.

0 Likes

My inclination is to believe RM and not other applications.  I suspect RM is correct.  Have you tried PBO?  Enjoy, John.

It reads 1.4 vcore in BIOS, CPU-Z and HW Monitor, so ryzen master is not reading right voltage. Pbo is not available în Ryzen Master and with it in BIOS enabled i don't see boosts over 4.1 GHz so i manually prefer to Oc to 4.15 ghz

0 Likes

My cpu is now OC'ed,memory too,but i've made the changes in BIOS and not in Ryzen Master.Anyway i'm having the same problem both on stock and OC.

0 Likes

Oh that's weird, I also have the 2600X.  Got a MSI X470 gaming pro / 16 GB ram / GTX 980Ti.

With me the same happens as with you, GPU gets used like 50-60 % / CPU below 30 % and I do not get the desired 144FPS. I set the FPS limiter there, it goes up and down but never is anything fully used. The GPU does not even get maxed out if I use no FPS limiter,... Normally the GPU should go to 99% or so but with nothing like that happens in CS GO.

0 Likes

Strange. I have a Asus Crosshair Vi hero wifi x370 mobo. Have you OC'ed your CPU ? And if so what are your frequencies and voltage. Thx.

0 Likes

NO oc, the CPU oc's by itself to around 4.2Ghz most of the time. Besides that there is no need for it at all of you do not bench or so.

0 Likes

Maybe it's because of my mobo since it's a x370 mobo. I tried to Oc to 4.2 GHz but it's not stable.Ryzen 2000 series were designed for x470 mobo's

0 Likes

Oh, well hopefully AMD / MSI or Nvidia will get their tech sorted than,...

0 Likes
lorand4870
Adept I

So still no way to solve my problem. Anyone else who might help me?

0 Likes