Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

arxilox
Adept I

AMD Ryzen 5 2400G + Asus PRIME B350M-A = freezing + BSOD

Hello!

A BIG problem:

AMD Ryzen r5 2400G+Asus Prime b 350 m-a often freezes during looking online or offline cinema - picture stops and it sounds like "trrrrr". Sometimes after it blue screen of death appears. Then only by reset I can switch off the computer. Overclocing is switch off, temperature of processor and other components are always normal. Freezing can be after 15 minutes of watcing, after 40 minutes, can be twise during the film or can not appear at all this time. Freez corresponds to the error Kernel-power 41 (63). Sometimes there was a problem with Internet connection after reboot.

What I did for fix it:

1. Reinstall Windows many times - not usefull

2. Tested all details and OS by different software - everything is OK.

3. Windows has all last updates.

4. Reupdated the BIOS (on advice of Asus support)

5. Reinstalled all drivers

6. Connected to Internet via cable or Wi-Fi - all the same.

7. Watched by using Google Chrome or browser Microsoft Edge - on Microsoft Edge freezings appears after several brakes (picture stops, then go on again).

P.S. The computer is assembled with these components:

Processor: Amd ryzen 5 2400G box

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B350M-A

RAM: Hynix [H5AN8G8NMFR-UH] 8gb

OS Windows 10x64 bit, bios 3803

Power supply: Cougar vte500

HDD: toshiba p300[hdwd110uzsva]

AMD and everyone, what can you say? Please, help!

0 Likes
44 Replies
tamamoe
Journeyman III

Dude I have the same issue did the same. This just makes me regret not getting an i3 8100 instead .

my specs are

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2400g

Motherboard : Asrock AB350M Pro 4

RAM: Crucial ddr4 8gb

OS Windows 10x64 bit

Power supply: Coolermaster Mwe 500

HDD: toshiba 1tb

SSD: samsung 850 evo 250gb

fauzansandy
Adept I

me too

my specs are

Processor: AMD Ryzen5 2400g

Motherboard : MSI B350 Bazooka

RAM: T-Force Dark Gray 3000Mhz 8gb Dual Channel

OS Windows 10x64 bit

Power supply: Gamemax 600

HDD: WD Green 1tb

0 Likes
fauzansandy
Adept I

I have read some articles about this problem, tomorrow I will update bios hopefully solve the problem, i will let you know afterwards

Hello! what is the result? What version of BIOS had you? I have the latest.

0 Likes
oguzhankab
Journeyman III

Hello,

I have the same problem. The pc runs perfectly but its just freeze when I open a video, especially on youtube, ofcourse not always. I can not figure out why.

Amd Ryzen 5 2400G

Asus A320 M-K

By the way, my computer never freezes on youtube... And during 2 days there were no freezes, although I watched films... it already happened once, but then hangs started again

0 Likes
raven77
Journeyman III

Make sure you have no monitoring programs conflicting with each other, uninstall Asus AI suite, that was the cause of my crashes.

0 Likes
fauzansandy
Adept I

FINALLY NOT FREEZING ANYMORE

reinstall windows with new updated fall edition(march 2018)

then install driver

no freezing until now

I still use my  750TI video card because I've found that the drivers for the 5 2400g + asus x370 A need some improvement.  They should have some better drivers and bios in a few months.

0 Likes

if u use gtx 750ti it still freezing or not?

0 Likes

no, not freezing , everything is stable.  I had only a brief black screen once a day WITHOUT the Nvidia card.  I have the same GPU % for video with this nvidia CPU...  weird.  It was lower than that before....Chipset problem ?

windows 10  updated ( creator bs)

latest asus bios

corsair 3000  , working at 3000

0 Likes

Under the device manager, did you look at the display adapters icon and see if you have Vega driver install?

0 Likes

Thats good news!! can you tell which version and  OS build?

Have a nice day.

0 Likes

i don't who you're asking this , in case of :  windows 10 creator update.   Asus x370 mobo,  corsair 3000 working at 3000,  2400g

0 Likes
arxilox
Adept I

Hello! I don`t know what`s happend, but there is no hangs for a week already. I did not do nothing, except for replacement of a browser with Google Chrome on Mozilla. But how could it affect offline movie...? I hope that the positive changes are stable.

Hello,

I'm so sorry to hear about you regaining stability, I would like to assure you that this will not happen in the future.

in the mean time you could implement these changes to improve problem solving here at AMD.

1. First off, you need to make an account for any unaffiliated hardware forum.
  2. There make a post about the problem your experiencing.
  3. They will guide you though the few steps you need to take.
  4. Resolve the problem and then return the answer to AMD™.
  5. I hope this answers your question and this solves the problem and that we cant continue to use AMD products in the exciting future.
0 Likes

if it can help some people, there are many posts about chrome making some weird noises  , like the TRRRR...  on the google chrome "forum" ..... needless to say that it's like microsoft, they are very sorry but never answer to give a proper fix.  So about the video problem , you guys should try Firefox and see if it fix the problem.  I have that noise problem with chrome for years now, when I start it while music is playing with my asus essence stx sound card. No problems with firefox. On my older computer I had this problem also, but it was the main connector to the motherboard that wasn't seated properly. Once it get warm, we have those problems starting to emerge.

0 Likes
son_goku
Journeyman III

I have the same issue with 2400g+Asus Rog Strix b350 gaming-f. In Mozzilla i didnt have this problem. But i had the same stucking TRRRRRR problem while playing the super seducer game which has playing videos inside... No overclockings... I think i solved the problem the last 3 days by updating Chrome and disabling the harware acceleration on Chrome settings... I did also set my memory (corsair lpx vegeance 3000mhz) to 2933mhz.

Today i updated Bios in a new version 3805 and set again my Ram to 3000mhz. If this problem occurs again i ll tell you.

0 Likes
nwh1997
Journeyman III

Using Asus prime B350M-A as well. I am having worse problem, I clean install windows 10 64bit 1709 and hv the latest update. Install chipset driver b4 graphic driver. But everytime I install grpahic driver my screen go black (signal received by screen). May I knw which driver did you guys install? And which port for display ?

I'm having exactly the same issue with the same mother board. I already tried a lot of things, like installing 4 different driver versions, bios update, reinstalling and updating windows... nothing worked

0 Likes

What are your PC's specifications?

0 Likes

2400G + Asus PRIME 350M-A (Bios 4011)

18GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 (2x8GB) 3200Mhz CL16 CMU16GX4M2D3200C16

Windows 10 Pro (Version 1803 - Build 17134.48)

Dell 24 Monitor P2416D (via HDMI cable)

I saw your comment about using a single memory channel, I'll try it today

0 Likes
arxilox
Adept I

hello again. I`m very sad but after short period the problems are return. BSOD, toubles with wifi connect... I think, it`s after new windows update. I'm sick of it, and I just want to sell the computer by parts. I don`t kow what else to do. AMD, why we have these problems?! Don`t you want to pay for it??

0 Likes
corva
Journeyman III

I replaced my Ryzen 5 1600 for the 2400G few days ago because of my audio on board which now is working but I notice new freezers or my Wifi icon does not appear on the Windows 10 menu bar even if it is on device manager "working properly". I had to reinstall or repair these INTEL drivers plenty of time. Before using Ryzen 5 1600 I've never had this kind of issue so I don't know where to point my finger. I can tell you I am very happy of 2400G, Photoshop instant and stable, even playing no one crash. Only when I boot Windows or when I am browsing and youtube. I might install back my GT 1030 or maybe uninstall those driver first...  

0 Likes

For all the asus b350m-a(mobo) users the solution has now come .

All the bugs like Video_TDR_failure,Blue screen errors,or sluttering in windows.

The asus has just updated the 4008 bios with agesa 1002a. Please download from official asus website. This surely help raven ridge apu's i.e Ryzen 2200g and ryzen 2400g users.

PRIME B350M-A CPU / Memory Support | Motherboards | ASUS USA

I think if this not help you then you should contact the company.

0 Likes

This solution is for those for whom Bios update doesn't work.                             

I can tell you my case i have 2*4gb corsair vengeance ram, when i diagnosed my PC it was found two ram are not working properly and when i replaced my Two 4gb rams with one 8gb ram all the problems were went away.

So I recommend you that if you are using  dual channel on asus b350m-a and tried all the troubleshoot then you should try this method.

Also downloading windows again and again & also its driver doesn't make any sence because it is not at all software problem.

0 Likes

Try both Ram sticks one by one and make sure that problem should not come with either of the two ram sticks. if problem comes with any of the ram stick then I recommend you to replace both of your ram sticks with ram sticks of other company. Please let me know if any of my troubleshoot's work for you.

0 Likes

I tried every combination of my RAM sticks, one by one; split channels; dual channels A and B; and sadly none of them worked. But I believe I'm facing a different issue because when running on AMD Vega driver the screen is always black, but on Microsoft generic driver it's ok 100% of the time. So this is obviously an issue between AMD driver and Microsoft 10 update 1803.

Seems that my only option is to wait for Microsoft or AMD provide a solution for this problem, I just not sure where to wait for this update. Any guess?

0 Likes

You can also try a single 16gb ram . I think this is much better option because in previous reply as i said you should replace your ram might also make some other problems. Going single channel is the safest and easiest method you can take.

I am telling this to you because i have the very similar problem as you have and it worked for me by replacing 2*4gb ram with one 8gb ram.

0 Likes

Feeling sad that none of my solutions does able solve your problem , But last thing i want you to try is that if you had not tried bios version. (4008 with agesa 1002a) then you downgrade and try this method also. This might can help you. You can try your luck. I also think that you should contact Amd because cannot rely on future.dresende

0 Likes

Ok I'll try this memory trick with bios 4008.
And I'll also contact AMD and I hope they give me a north. So, thank for all your help

0 Likes
ryzen52400g
Journeyman III

We tried to slow RAM down to 2133 MHz and increased it in steps up to 3200 MHz, while increasing the voltage to 1,4 V  and set the SoC voltage to 1,25 V.

Since then it has run smoothly and without problems.

0 Likes

Thanks for pointing about memory, I started searching about this topic and I just noticed that my memory model isn't listed in the Memory-QVL-for-AMD-Ryzen-2000-Series-Processors document available on https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-B350M-A/HelpDesk_QVL/

So... I think that this solves my problem, right? Do you guys think that there is any chance of having a BIOS update to support my model? Or should I start the process to replace it? (note that right now I'm hitting my face on my desk... why I didn't checked the memory model??)

0 Likes

I finally solved my own problem. The problem was missing to configure XMP on my motherboard: https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/6njrpg/how_to_enable_xmp_profile_in_asus_prime_b350ma/

After that, the Vega drivers worked like a charm

0 Likes

hey dresende​​ i find this problem in my pc also when i run cpuid(software) it shows my DRAM speed 1197mhz but i am using 2400mhz ram i done the method but ram speed remains the same. Can you further help me if you know about this problem more.

0 Likes

I was told to double the DRAM Frequency in CPU-Z to find your actual speed. My frequency is 1597 but I am running at 3200. So, 2 X 1597 = 3194. I do not know why CPU-Z calculates it this way. Perhaps someone else could explain it. If you go into your BIOS it will show you your current speed. 

0 Likes

Hi vasukashyap01huhi , like pennib said, CPU-Z shows half of the memory frequency and I also don't know why. Here is what it shows for me:

Capture.PNG

Note that my latency is correct now (you can check your memory latency in the chips, or in the web. I found mine on this page.) Can you confirm if your latency is right?

0 Likes

Hi, with DDR Double Data Rate memory, there are 2 data transfers per clock cycle. If the DRAM operates at 1200 MHz (Mega cycles per s), then there are 2400 MT/s (Mega transfers per s). Thus, DDR4-2400 operates at 1200 MHz with 2400 MT/s; DDR4-3200 operates at 1600 MHz with 3200 MT/s, and so on.

You can read more about it here: Double data rate - Wikipedia

I suggest checking for a UEFI BIOS update, I have seen a lot of problems with recent motherboards which cleared up with a fix

0 Likes