cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

AMD Ryzen 5 1600 1 core goes to 100% while others on bare minimum when running a game

Jump to solution
  • the game is FreeStyle Basketball 2
  • its a pretty old game and i run it on about 120-130 fps with ryzen 1600 and nvidia gtx 1060 6gb
  • it was really weird for me so i went for a check on task manager and i found this:

everytime i open the game the "cpu" that goes to 100% changes(sometime its cpu0 sometimes its cpu 2 and sometimes like in picture is cpu 8 for example)

all other cpu's are on a very minimalistic work,

other players of the game doesnt experience the same issue,they report about 50% core usuage when game is running with older proccessor than mine.

i updated every driver possible on the computer+bios update and nothing worked.

im pretty helpless does anyone know what to do or can help me?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 1 core goes to 100% while others on bare minimum when running a game

Jump to solution

That game is from 2004, a time when dual cores were just coming to the market. It's not going to use more than 1 thread or 1 core.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 1 core goes to 100% while others on bare minimum when running a game

Jump to solution

That game is from 2004, a time when dual cores were just coming to the market. It's not going to use more than 1 thread or 1 core.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

glad to see that you have found the correct answer to your question.  In order to help others with a similar problem to find this answer quickly, we have locked the discussion to keep it focused on the issue you reported.

0 Kudos