cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

acdarc
Adept I

Re: AMD Ryzen 3900X stuck at very low (500 Mhz) frequencies on several cores

> It's my first AMD CPU in a very long time. Not sure I'd pick it again in hindsight.

Same here, first AMD in decades and I've had multiple issues from the beginning.

Next PC update will most likely go back to Intel unless they sort this out.

0 Likes
geroxir
Adept I

hi guys i have MSI B450 Tomahawk and 32 GB RAM G.skill, and ryzen 3600 i got the same issue from yesterday , i bought new PC. And my frequency from cpu and ram goes really down to 23 mhz or 500 mhz. I tried 1Usmus, many power options, diable some power speed boost in win10 and core boost performence, Nothing help me. My pc fix after some mins Alone that power issue but its really weird when i start my pc and he is really slow of this issue. i try also a new beta bios and newest chipset driver and nothing help.

0 Likes
chrisdb
Adept I

Clear CMOS, leave everything default, reinstall Windows without Ryzen Master, AI Suite and all the other OC software, except maybe HWiNFO.

mccharle
Elite

Hello geroxir,

remove all previous chipset drivers and 1Usmus, reboot and install latest one from MSI (2.05.04.352) or AMD website.

Same as 1Usmus power plan is already in latest chipset drivers since march.

Also try latest BIOS and set in BIOS [Advanced CPU Settings] -> [Power Supply Idle Control] and change the value to [Typical Current Idle] if not already set.

geroxir
Adept I

Yes i tried this too nothing help. I tried also the bios version and dont help . the power supply tried too and nothing change. I also tried off the c state and amd cool n quiet too. No change 😕  tried also 2 time installing windows. The issue is when i install gpu driver. When i installed fresh windows was good. after GPU driver the frequency jump. I think the problem is in GPU Driver , when i startup my windows , the driver is crash and turn again on before crash got lags and issues with processor and ram and after restarting amd driver its working all fine. its there any energy options or so ?

0 Likes
geroxir
Adept I

I found the problem , finally my pc working fine, on normal frequency and ram 3600 withous any issue.

The amd graphics card was crashing at start system, i taked bios battery for 10 min, and changed pci slot for graphics card now its fine. In system power energy is amd high performence in bios is everythink like auto after restarting battery. Just changed speed ram anything else is standard. Now finally after 2 days working on this it works  thanks you guys for u help too 

0 Likes
mccharle
Elite

hi geroxir,

don't forget only PCI-E slot 1 have x16 lanes, other works at x8 or x4, so your graphics card will not work at it's full speed.

0 Likes
yetanotherusername
Journeyman III

I too am having this problem. All eight of my core clocks sometimes boot up to 523.3 MHz. We've all seen the HWiNFO screenshots that show the wrong clock frequency by now, but I would like to focus on something a little different, the Core Ratio.

HWiNFO64 v6.28-4200 Sensor Status 7_10_2020 8_53_11 AM.png

As you can see, all eight of my Core Ratios are 5.5. Normally you would expect something between 35 and 44, or so depending on your chip model. I'm using Ryzen 7 3700X on an ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard. I never overclock. As others have reported I can clear out the problem by momentarily switching the power plan to some other setting. I only started having this problem recently.

I'm worried because this issue is cropping up with greater and greater frequency. I really don't have any good ideas now. I'm just trying to keep this thread alive and hope some other people can comment with their experiences.

adirectorroth
Adept I

Yup! Similar view from where I stand. 3950x whith two cores stuck. More often than not though cores 12 to 15 seem normal and the rest of them stuck at 5.7. I've been having this annoying issue since April.

pastedImage_1.png

I've tried any workaround I could find. Nothing worked. Either bios, windows, or driver related.

AMD has assured me it's a faulty CPU unity issue. I'll be sending this CPU back as soon as my work schedule allows it. I will then be able to post here my observations about the replacement. Cheers.

0 Likes
zilla0100
Journeyman III

I have this issue too on my 3950x, it only happens when I first boot up cold.  It also happens on all cores and the frequency it gets stuck at seems random.  I have seen it between  400MHz and 2GHz and everywhere inbetween.  I am using the Ryzen power plan in Windows with PBO enabled in BIOS.  Motherboard is ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E Gaming.  I keep updating the BIOS and chipset drivers whenever I see new ones come out but they have yet to be fixed for me.

The work around I have found in the mean time that seems to solve it for me, is that I open Windows power plan section and just switch from Ryzen Balanced to Ryzen High Performance or vice versa.  Switching from one to the other clears up this issue for some reason.

0 Likes