cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

ledhed
Adept II

Re: AMD Ryzen 3900X stuck at very low (500 Mhz) frequency for core 0, 1, and 2

I don't quite understand what you said, what is "it," that has never happened with AMD or Windows PPs? 

Are you saying that this low clock behavior actually occured when you were using the 1usmus CPP?

What about your thermal performance? What is your average idle temp and your avg load temp? 

0 Likes
salseropilot
Adept II

HI, What is your reasoning to disable PBO? Are you saying it could be the issue? I do want to be able to use PBO for higher performance.

Also when the issue happens, temperature is at idle level (40s to 50s C); this is not something I start to experience when high temperatures are reached.

So again, core 0, 1 and 2 are "Stuck" in the 500Mhz range. Nothing is being throttled or boosted on these core no matter the work load. The other cores however are indeed working as required.

Karim

0 Likes
shinkojiro
Miniboss

My idles are in the low 20's. It only happened because of settings in Bios that were suggested be set by 1Usmus for use with his plan. That was the only time I ever had CCX0 lock to 500ish mhz. I have long since changed those settings back to what I had them at and just went back to using AMD Ryzen Balanced/High Performance power plans.

0 Likes
kamatcho
Journeyman III

I here have been having the same issue, with the CPU deciding when to do this and I recon it does most after being heavy used, which made me think the temperature wasn't any good. It showed me about 65 degrees while doing rendering of a video, so I don't know. All is indeed set to default, and power plan is set to AMD Ryzen High Performance.

I will be following this to see if there comes a solution for this, and if this is even solvable.

pastedImage_1.png

jaguvaari
Journeyman III

I have also had this issue, but on Ryzen 5 3600 processor. It seems to make one or both of the CCX in the processor to get stuck to 550Mhz after booting the computer. I have had the issue with ABBA bios and the newer 1.0.0.4 as well. I have had the issue happen on both Ryzen Balanced and Ryzen High performance power plans.

I've found that touching settings in the power plan or changing between power plans and applying the changes releases the locked CCXs and the frequencies work as normal after that.

salseropilot
Adept II

Hi all, 

I am having this low core frequency issue again. This time core #0 seems to be locked in the 1800Mhz's, whereas the rest of the cores look normal.

I have attached some pictures. Can anyone please take a look and let me what is going on?Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNGCapture3.PNG

0 Likes
shinkojiro
Miniboss

If your VDDR SOC is really 1.362v you need to turn it down pronto below 1.2v.

Set it to 1.1v

0 Likes
shinkojiro
Miniboss

Theres also the issue where your CCD0/CCX0 and CCD1/CCX1 are showing 4600mhz setting while your middle two are showing 4650mhz.

0 Likes
salseropilot
Adept II

Is that bad? It is set to Auto in the Bios. I have not touched anything there.

How would one know that it should be set to 1.1 V?

0 Likes
shinkojiro
Miniboss

Its been 1.2v max safe since Ryzen 1000 series. If your bios is stupid enough to set something higher than that, you may need a bios update and/or set it manually.

How to Kill Your CPU with “Safe” Voltages | Raven Ridge SOC Voltage Guidelines | GamersNexus - Gamin... 2020.03.04-07.13.png

0 Likes