cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

GMdoghunter
Adept I

Re: AMD Ryzen 3900X stuck at very low (800 Mhz) frequencies on all cores

I got the issue, I found what was causing my problems and hopefully many other people here have the same as me, it was CORSAIR ICUE V v4.16.194 that was causing the issues with me, and the latest update to icue as well anything by 4.15 seems to have the problem but its DEFINITELY ICUE that is causing the CPU frequency drop hopefully that helps and maybe cure some peoples issues here. Sorry for the late reply, but I've been doing a lot of testing lately to find the problem.

Wannacry
Journeyman III

Hello.

I have my Ryzen 1600 since it was released, this problem is not new, I still haven't figured out how to solve it, I don't discard the Icue software related to this, it is very invasivel.

Another problem that also happens to me since the beginning, is my computer having random shutdowns for no reason.

I've done everything and still haven't figured out the cause, I suspected that I have the power supply, but it's hard to send it for warranty and stay a month without the computer.

I have a Biostar B350gt5 motherboard, I suggest you don't use the chipset driver directly from the AMD website and use the chipset driver directly from your motherboard website.

I don't write English very well, I'm Brazilian.

0 Likes
cyring
Adept II

Have you try Linux ?

If you need a ready to play ISO image, I'm providing CoreFreq to monitor, stress and tweak Ryzen processors.

Release can be downloaded at https://www.cyring.fr

CyrIng

0 Likes
orange_t
Journeyman III

I kind of found a workaround for my issue. I'm monitoring my temps with both AIDA64 and Argus Monitor and I noticed that my VRM and water temperature sensors sometimes give a reading of N/A, and Argus sometimes gives me a warning that my CPU temperature exceeds 85C limit, although it was nowhere near that. That confirmed my suspicion that something is going on with temp sensors.

What I did, I changed CPU Power Duty Control (Extreme Tweaker - External Digi+ Power Control) in BIOS from T. Probe to Extreme, and it solved this problem. Although my system sometimes still behaves weirdly, I haven't encountered this issue since. 

0 Likes
addiepie79
Journeyman III

Re: AMD Ryzen 3900X stuck at very low (500 Mhz) frequencies on several cores

Have you tried resetting your bios, that usually fixes this

adam j martin
0 Likes
Jimbo1
Journeyman III

Hey guys, I've been reading this thread on-and-off for a month or so now.  I'm also having these issues on a 5950X running on an Asus Crosshair Viii Hero Wifi board.

I was previously running without Ryzen Master installed but after this issue started (when I installed Argus Monitor) I had all sorts of issues.  I got it originally on BIOS 3904 but I've now rolled back to 3801 which I thought had resolved the issue.  But today it randomly happened again while I was tweaking something in the Dual Intelligent Processor software that comes with the Asus board.

I thought I'd add my findings to see if it helps anyone.

When the issue is occuring, for me a reboot doesn't fix it.  But I have noticed that within Ryzen Master it shows the PPT is >100% constantly (while running at 500mhz), even though the CPU Power shows 40-60W.  

It certainly seems to suggest to me that there's something about the Power State that is messed up and something gets stuck between reboots.

For me, the problem DID get resolved if I send the computer to sleep and wake it up (this happened today once, I have as-yet been unable to reliably reproduce this behavior).

Summary:
- Using an Asus Crosshair Viii Hero Wifi
- 5950X with DOCP RAM settings and PBO enabled
- Software installed: Ryzen Master, Asus Motherboard Suite, iCUE (I note this because others have mentioned it's potentially related)

cyring
Adept II

Implementation of CPPC reveals to me that some low hints programmed into MSR could constraint frequency.

Windfire
Adept I

@orange_t ,

I have same issue as you I think.  3900x.  

PC will start/reboot fine.  I'll be playing a game or running Handbrake when suddenly all the cores drop to 546MHz (5.5 multiplier). Sometimes it is higher, most of the time it is 546MHz.

Warm reboot does not fix.

Reset button dos not fix.

Turn off, and cold boot fixes it and I'm back to normal until the next time it happens - every couple days.

What have I done:

1 - I've updated Bios to current highest version (not Beta however): Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX

2 - I've updated Chipset drivers to current AMD drivers

3 - I've disabled quick boot in Win10 and BIOS

4 - I've un-installed Ryzen Master (never used it much)

5 - Changing power plan does not fix anything.  Cold boot is only thing I've found that gets me back to 4.xGHz.

None of those things have fixed the issue.

Windfire

addiepie79
Journeyman III

Have you ever tried a remount of the processor and use air to blow out the dust from the processor mount???

adam j martin
marcbittner
Adept I

I'm continuing to have a similar issue on 5950x + Dark Hero mobo. I was convinced it was a bad sensor, then I tried no fewer than three brand new boards, AND swapped the chip. 

Strangely, since the chip swap, I no longer loge get locked at .54 ghz, but at 4.18 instead. This wouldn't be at all noticeable except for the fact that I'm looking for it and noted that edc, ppt et all are at or above 100 percent (ppt @395 Watts, EDC reading 130 percent of 200a)

This is a real head-scratcher since it occurs 1. predictably after a variable period under load 2, unpredictably at idle, and 3. at stock settings. In each case, either a flash or hard reset of the bios is required to restore normal functioning. Setting pbo limits to "motherboard" mitigates most of the performance hit since it throws the limits wide open, but the metrics are still pinned in the red *at idle* 

Edit: So much for that theory. Just had all the cores lock at .54 ghz. I really envy those of you who can clear this with a reboot / power setting change. I have to hard reset cmos every time.