cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Lord_Vader
Adept I

Re: AMD Ryzen 3900X stuck at very low (500 Mhz) frequency for core 0, 1, and 2

Thanks for your help.  After running corefreq if I'm reading this correctly it states I have a max Frequency of 5.25 Ghz.  Is that correct?  If so that rules out the CPU as the problem.  cpu.jpg

0 Likes
cyring
Adept II

It is indeed an abnormal high frequency for a 3900X according to its specs. Could the BIOS firmware be an issue ?

Can you post a screenshot of the UI showing bars when at max frequency ? 

0 Likes
MikeGee
Adept I

@cyring This is not the OP @Lord_Vader captured this thread and posted the output of his 5900X. His problem ist obviously a wrong MB config.

AMD user since 1994
Mcunixz
Journeyman III

I was able to solve the problem by trying 7 different bios. I finally put the FIRST bios for my MB and all my cores unlocked. Everythings fine since then. No, 5.25ghz isnt normal. 

0 Likes
rcflyinghokie
Journeyman III

So on the latest AMD chipset drivers the problem has stopped popping up.

0 Likes
Mcunixz
Journeyman III

Yes! Latest chipset driver and the first bios of my msi pro vdh. Everythings good now! 

0 Likes
lakerssuperman
Journeyman III

Hello there!  I picked up a 2700x, motherboard and ram back in November and I've been struggling with this issue.  Booting will randomly leave my CPU at 550mhz and every time I put the computer to sleep it wakes at 550mhz.  I'm also using Linux. 

By chance, do you recall which setting in the bios fixed it for you?  I've tried every setting that looks like it would have an impact on this issue, but so far nothing has worked.

0 Likes
Mcunixz
Journeyman III

Its not a setting, its just a different version of the bios. Just try to flash your bios with another version. 

0 Likes
lakerssuperman
Journeyman III

@avetMentioned a setting that seemed to alleviate the issue as well as Linux (what I run) is why I asked.  I've tried flashing a few different BIOS versions on my board and it had no impact on the issue.   I guess I could try further flashing, but given that my CPU can work at full speed, it feels like a setting issue or setting interaction between the BIOS and OS.

0 Likes
Mcunixz
Journeyman III

Oh ok sorry. For sure if the clocks works normally most of time, i dont really know whats your issue. For my personal case, the cpu was stuck at 550mhz all the time. 

0 Likes