Mcunixz
Journeyman III

Re: AMD Ryzen 3900X stuck at very low (500 Mhz) frequencies on several cores

Still at 0.53ghz  

0 Likes
avet
Adept I

have you tried 'Advanced/AMD Overclocking/AMD Overclocking\SoC/Uncore OC mode' (Forces CPU SoC... to run at their maximum frequences at all times.) in BIOS if you have it?

(I've used it in ASUS TUF Gaming+ and I think that it solves this)

0 Likes
Mcunixz
Journeyman III

i dont think i have this setting in my msi bios. ill check! thanks

0 Likes
avet
Adept I

If you find it, check with some other ppl before trying, to be safe.

My CPU is Ryzen 5 3600, when I used 'tuning' option it determined the max frequency was 3950 and it used that. I had to manually fix 3600MHz so it doesn't get overclocked.

0 Likes
prabhu
Journeyman III

I am using AMD 3700x first four core stucked at 500Mhz. this is windows 10 problem not an amd issue.

Solution:

Go to control panel -> Power Option -> Select AMD Ryzen Balanced -> then select change plan settings -> Change Advanced power settings -> + Processor power management ->  + "Minimum processor state" -> Setting type 100% and + "Maximum processor state" -> Setting type 100%. Then Apply and OK.

I know Maximum processor state already set as 100% but you have to retype as 100%.

This is works for me that why I am sharing with you guys.

By Prabhu 

0 Likes
prabhu
Journeyman III

I am using AMD 3700x first four core stucked at 500Mhz. this is windows 10 problem not an amd issue.

Solution:

Go to control panel -> Power Option -> Select AMD Ryzen Balanced -> then select change plan settings -> Change Advanced power settings -> + Processor power management -> + "Minimum processor state" -> Setting type 100% and + "Maximum processor state" -> Setting type 100%. Then Apply and OK.

I know Maximum processor state already set as 100% but you have to retype as 100%.

This is works for me that why I am sharing with you guys.

By Prabhu

0 Likes
Cajamarquino
Journeyman III

Hello friends, the same thing is happening to me with my Ryzen 3900x and a MOBO: Asus tuf gaming x570 plus wi-fi.
It happens to me every 4 days or 5 days at every cold boot, and it's not all. Sometimes in each cold boot on the home screen when I am about to type the password I get a blue screen with the message: Kernel_datainpage_error. Everything happens at every cold boot, so I think the two are related.
I solved this by disabling windows fast startup, but it makes me very sad anyway, I invested a lot of money in this build. I don't want to have to disable anything, I just want it to work fine. I don't think I'll ever choose Ryzen again in my next builds.

0 Likes
Cajamarquino
Journeyman III

Hello friends, the same thing is happening to me with my Ryzen 3900x and a MOBO: asus tuf gaming x570 plus wi-fi.
It happens to me every 4 days or 5 days at every cold boot, and it's not all. Sometimes in each cold boot on the home screen when I am about to type the password I get a blue screen with the message: Kernel_datainpage_error. Everything happens at every cold boot, so I think the two are related.
I solved this by disabling windows fast startup, but it makes me very sad anyway, I invested a lot of money in this build. I don't want to have to disable anything, I just want it to work fine. I don't think I'll ever choose Ryzen again in my next builds.

Tags (1)
0 Likes