cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

klody_32
Adept I

amd ryzen 3900x heat

I would like to buy a processor (amd ryzen 3900x), but I always see in websites to sell products that people complain about the processor’s heat and that the default speed does not reach higher than 4.2 GHz and with overclock (4.5 GHz) although it is the stated speed of the processor 4.6GHz and I would like to ask what is the best matherboard is compatible with the processor and what is the best closed water cooler (240nm) compatible with the processor

0 Likes
8 Replies
klody_32
Adept I

49 view 0 comment ??!

0 Likes
qbtheslayer
Challenger

Okay...  you wan the best combos then here you go...

Get a good x570 board... AUSU TUF Gaming X570-PLUS is a good value, and get a Corsair iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT cooler.

An even better board would be the ASUS ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Hero.

QB

any board x570 ?

because i waint without wifi

0 Likes
qbtheslayer
Challenger

Then buy the version without Wi-Fi...  that's what I did...

Here is a good read/watch.

der8auer.com/x570-motherboard-vrm-overview/

And if it's TL;DR then here is his conclusion

The Conclusion

In terms of VRM efficiency and especially VRM temperatures the following 4 motherboards are not great:

• Gigabyte X570 UD
  • MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge WiFi
  • MSI X570-A Pro
  • ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4

Especially when you look at the prices of these boards above €150 up to almost €200. And you have to keep in mind, that these are the “lower end” motherboards with the X570 chipset. When you run a Ryzen 5 3600 without OC on these boards, they will be ok. But when OC comes into play and switching to an 3900X or even 3950X, these boards won’t cut it.

Here comes the ASUS TUF Gaming X570-X into play, which – honestly – at this point is my favorite board in this test. It performed quite well in all test scenarios and for it’s price of about €210 it can keep up with much more expensive boards.

On top are the ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero and the Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme. The Aorus Extreme also look quite nice, has a passive heatsink for the chipset, and of course the best VRM temperatures in all tests. The only drawback on this board is the excessive pricepoint of over €700. That is almost double the price of the ROG CH8 Hero, which was only a couple of degrees hotter than the Aorus Extreme.

QB

you have amd r9 3900x ??

0 Likes
ledhed
Adept II

Note: The quoted boost clock from AMD is for a single core max boost speed, not all cores. That is why it says 4.6 GHz, yet it takes a lot of tweaking to get there (usually).

I have the AMD 3950X and I have multiple friends running the AMD 3900X. 

Really the temperatures with these Zen 2 chips are no worse than Intel temperatures. The 3950X can get toasty if it's not being cooled by some form of water cooler (AIO or dediated rig). However, plenty of people run the 3900X on air cooling and I've yet to hear of anyone killing it. I even know of guys running the 3950X on air, but most of those are VERY loud setups, haha. 

The thing about AMD and temperatures is pretty much a moot point now. It was true during the Phenom and FX days, but now AMD is no hotter than Intel, in my experience. Just get a proper cooler for the chip you pick and you'll be fine. There is no drastic difference in temps between Intel and AMD anymore; not to mention, Intel is running in place right now (10nm lol). 

Why do you not want WiFi? Just disable it and it's there if you need it. I wouldn't be picking my motherboard based on if it has WiFi or not!  

I would never use Wi-Fi on my PC so I always go for the non-Wi-Fi to save a few bucks.  I really am Anti-Wi-Fi...  I don't even use it on my LG OLED.  Much better performance with cables...  If I could wire up my Phone to the switch I would!!  LOL

QB

hello,

disabling WIFI on bios do the job as well, not all motherboard have version with Wifi and without Wifi.

3900x or 3950x with a good air cooler or a good AIO stay around  40-45°C on idle and around 70-80°C on full charge. With medium cooler quality or silent mod you can up to 90-95°C at full charge, I don't recommend to go so high to much time.

Good luck

0 Likes