cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

jrhaakenson
Adept I

AMD Ryzen 3600 manual Overclock stable in Windows, crashes games.

AMD Ryzen 3600

G.Skill Trident Z NEO 3600 running at 3200 Mhz

MSI x570 PRO Carbon Gaming motherboard

I've been attempting manual Overclocks of my Ryzen 3600.  Using Ryzen Master, I can achieve 4.2 Ghz and 4.3 Ghz easily using core voltages anywhere between 1.25V and 1.4V.  I've applied OCs at 4.2 Ghz and 4.3 Ghz using 1.25V, 1.3V, 1.35V, 1.375V, 1.4V, and even 1.45V.  The problem is that these OCs are only stable in Windows.  When I run a CPU test on Cinebench or load games, the applications more or less immediately error out and close.  My CPU temperatures are fine.  The highest I've seen is ~72 degrees Celsius using a higher 1.45V under full load.  Lower voltages max the CPU temperature out at low to mid 60 degrees Celsius.  The stock CPU configuration will boost to the advertised 4.2 Ghz using varying voltages and games will run fine.  But I'd like to be able to apply a manual OC and see how far I can go.  I thought increasing the voltage would prevent the games crashing, but even at 1.45V they still crash.

0 Likes
1 Reply

Just because you set a speed and voltage level doesn't mean a CPU will run at it. There's actually no guarantee that a CPU will run 1mhz over rated speed at any voltage.

0 Likes