cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

capsradd
Journeyman III

amd ryzen 3 3200g high temperature

is the temperature of 95°C for ryzen 3 3200g processor normal when playing games? (rainbow six siege game) without external gpu, but after playing the game it drops quickly to around 45-50 °C

0 Likes
1 Solution

Can you tell me what resolution/game settings you are trying to play at, as well as how much RAM your system has and if you are using the stock cooler that comes with the 3200G?

Because if you are using the stock cooler, even though it is adequate to cool the 3200G normally, under intense loads such as gaming using the onboard Vega 8 graphics does get rather demanding on the CPU. So I would either recommend dropping the resolution/graphics settings in game, or try upgrading the cooler. 

Most of the problems regarding temperature would definitely be alleviated once you add a discrete GPU in the system, then it will take a lot of the load off the CPU.

Long story short (too late), yes high temperatures are common when running games on a 3200G, especially if you are running more demanding games. 

Ryan Bradford
AMD BYO Champion for Micro Center

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies

Can you tell me what resolution/game settings you are trying to play at, as well as how much RAM your system has and if you are using the stock cooler that comes with the 3200G?

Because if you are using the stock cooler, even though it is adequate to cool the 3200G normally, under intense loads such as gaming using the onboard Vega 8 graphics does get rather demanding on the CPU. So I would either recommend dropping the resolution/graphics settings in game, or try upgrading the cooler. 

Most of the problems regarding temperature would definitely be alleviated once you add a discrete GPU in the system, then it will take a lot of the load off the CPU.

Long story short (too late), yes high temperatures are common when running games on a 3200G, especially if you are running more demanding games. 

Ryan Bradford
0 Likes

yes I use the stock cooler, my graphics settings are the lowest, and I use 8gb of ram, ok thanks for the info, I'll replace the cpu coller later

0 Likes

I may also consider going up to 16gb of RAM since you will be splitting system memory with the professor and the onboard graphics. 

Ryan Bradford