cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Peace2you2
Journeyman III

Amd Ryzen 3 2200g

Hi there. I recently decided to overclock my cpu to get a bit more performance out of my PC.
So i did it in small 100mhz increments to the cpu. I went up to 3.7 mhz and got it stable.

But now when i run some games my cpu usage is at 100%. So i went back to the amd ryzen master software and did a reset to my cpu hoping  that it goes back to its stock frequency of 3.5 mhz.

To my surprise my cpu is now stuck at 3.7 even after i reset it on the amd ryzen master software, and i also did a cmos reset by removing the battery of the motherboard hoping that the cpu would go back to is stock frequency .

Can someone please help me and tell what i need to do to bring my cpu back to stock frequency .

Thanks in advance 

0 Likes
4 Replies

Did you try to reset Ryzen Master Globally or did you just reset the specific settings that you overclocked?

If you didn't Globally reset Master Ryzen back to Factory default try that and see if your processor goes back to normal again. if it didn't then do a CMOS CLear again.

Otherwise I have no other suggestions.

maybe uninstalling Ryzen Master completely and doing a CMOS CLEAR might work but other Users have done so with not good results.

0 Likes

Ok i will try that. can you tell me how to do it please?

Thanks in advance

0 Likes

Screenshot 2021-03-24 172051.png

0 Likes

yes m8 i have done that and i have also done the cmos reset by removing the battery of the motherboard.
But the cpu still stands at 3.7  ;(

0 Likes