cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

embattle
Journeyman III

AMD Ryzen 2700x EDC CPU at 100%

Before I state anything regarding what my issue is, I want to say that I am not too proficient with PC builds. I recently just bought my PC so all of this is very new to me.

I downloaded the Ryzen Master app just in case I ever needed to monitor anything. I noticed that one of my cores? labeled EDC CPU fluctuates between 99% and 100%. The only thing I am running is Discord and the tool. I did some research and usually I just piece together information for a solution but this seemed way out of my abilities and I did not want to damage or worsen the situation. I posted a screenshot of the Ryzen app showing the issue. I do want to note however, that I never touched a single thing in the app or ever modified anything on my own terms. I have had the PC for about a month

If anyone can provide clear instructions to a solution or possible things I should try, it would be so appreciated. I do not know if this is an issue for my PC or not but red text usually isn't a good sign lol.

EDIT:

Well changing my power settings from "balanced" to "power saving" seemed to do resolve it. Just sucks that I cannot be on high performance without a fear of something being damaged while the EDC CPU is at 100%. If anyone still has any insight, it would be still well appreciated. 

EDIT 2:

I now know that it isn't a core. That's fine, but is it normal to have this occur? I kind if worries me that it's at 100% when only a few processes are running. Forgive me for not knowing the proper terminology.

0 Likes
6 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

embattle, you are totally misreading Ryzen Master (RM).  Please download the QRG here.  EDC is a total current for ALL processors.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Okay, great thank you for the clarification however, I wish you could have told me if the EDC fluctuating from 99% and 100% when running one app is normal or not.

0 Likes
embattle
Journeyman III

Still no help lol

0 Likes
skyrex
Journeyman III

I am having the same issue. 2700X, no OC, 100% EDC.

0 Likes

bug in amd software puts one core at 100% with badly coded wait loop. Uninstall software, keep drivers, sanity returns. Adrenalin 2020 issue: https://www.techpowerup.com/274967/psa-amds-graphics-driver-will-eat-one-cpu-core-when-no-radeon-ins...

0 Likes
KaranRana1
Journeyman III

But in my case it is going up to 140% due to which my computer is shutting down again and again.

0 Likes