cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

wlundstrom
Journeyman III

Re: amd ryzen 1700 screen freezing

Its the opposite for me. Only way of getting rid of the freeze is to install a windows that was dated before creators update.

0 Kudos
zarkon
Adept I

Interesting, I only tested on build 1709 and not an earlier version. I upgraded to this cpu because I was unable to update win 10 past 16xx so it would have been pointless if I had to still use older versions on my new hardware.

Sent from my iPad

0 Kudos
nguyenbui
Journeyman III

Got the same problem on Ryzen 1700x, laggy and hang after few minutes. Thanks to this thread, I figured out it was my mistake to turn off X-AMP on my MSI X370 motherboard. Basically, it was the issue with memory. Took me 4 days and much of frustration, but love AMD now.

0 Kudos
ram5687
Journeyman III

Hello,

I'm having the same issue.

These are the parts:
Asus Prime X370-Pro
Ryzen 1700X (not OC)
G.Skill 16GB (2x8) 3000Mhz (not OC)
Asus Strix 1070 (not OC)
Windows 10 Pro
Version: 1709
OS Build: 16299.192

I built this new PC around mid December, everything was going great, but it started to freezing once I booted the PC a couple of days ago.
I'm getting the BIOS screen, after that it freezes, I have to reboot it (sometimes I have to turn the PSU off, because the reset botton doesn't work, nor holding the power botton for a few seconds), then I got Windows login screen "incorrect password", even when I was not able to type anything before. I log in and everything works correctly, until I turn it off. Then I have to do all over again, every time I turn on my PC.

I updated to the latest BIOS today. version 3402, before that, it was 3401.
I even uninstalled AURA, I thought that was causing the problem. But it seems it wasn't.
I'm not sure if this is Windows related or what. Even switched the power option from Performance to Balanced.

Any ideas?

Ryzen Power Plan May Causing Freeze (Windows error 153,129)

Check this thread guys, i have same issue, random hangs for 20 second...

0 Kudos
virusultimatum
Journeyman III

so i think i figured it out i was getting the freeze after i render on the CPU or do something that require the CPU to have a usage that increase its (USAGE) on Dual Intelligent Processors 5 , the problem is that the processor is 3ghz to 3.7 ghz but (DIP5) bugged and it is not reading this ratio so while working on the PC the pc require more processor speed so the (DIP5) increase as it is set tp auto so it is increased to more than 3.7ghz so it freeze because for the processor you are trying to have more speed more than its limit so it safely stop in order not to be damaged and its read as an unknown error so it give no error message or anything just freeze
for me i manually adjusted from TPU the processor ratio to 3500 mhz and its working good no freeze and i always got freeze at (0.7%-2.9%) while rendering before i manually adjust the ratio but now after i adjusted it to manually and made it to 3500 mhz its working good and no freeze.
hope i was helpful and help you

my set is r71700
x370 prime pro
16 gb ram 2133 ddr4

0 Kudos
mrolle
Adept II

I have the same problem, with some different details.

Please note that there may be a problem with Instruction-Based Sampling (IBS).

My computer is a Ryzen 3 1200.  The postings regarding GPU don't apply to me, since the Ryzen 3 doesn't have one.

My MB is ASUS PRIME B350M-A.

I get the hangup when I am exercising a driver that I wrote for the IBS feature.  It runs on just one core.  I have interrupts masked and the driver operates on a timer polling basis, once every millisecond.  The driver reads the IBS Ops control MSR, sees that there is a sample available, and clears both the Sample and Enable bits in the MSR.  Shortly thereafter (using a deferred procedure call), the driver reads the sample data MSRs, and sets the Enable bit in the control MSR.

From some of the other posts, it seems that there could be an overheating issue.  This makes sense in that if I run the driver under a remote debugger, the program runs quite a bit slower because the driver is sending DbgPrint messages to the debugger, and each message has to wait for an acknowledgment from the debugger over the Ethernet.  So it probably doesn't consume as much power.  I've noticed that the program will run much longer this way than it does without the DbgPrints.

It may also be related to the IBS, because if I remove the writes to the control MSR from the driver, it doesn't hang.  Therefore, I might surmise that when the IBS is enabled and counting, the CPU consumes more power.

I will follow the above suggestions and see what I can learn about my situation.  I'll try reducing the memory clock speed and monitoring system events.

0 Kudos
mssracedriver
Journeyman III

You could try disabling the cool and quite feature. that cleared this in my event viewer.

0 Kudos
hekynn
Journeyman III

Try installing the chipset sata controller driver via device manager make sure to select the first controller and choose from which folder amd extracted the chipset drivers during its installation. I was experiencing the same thing earlier today but I did that for my controller and so far no signal loss or hard crashes on Windows 10 today. Hopefully this helps so far its working good for me.

0 Kudos
banshee
Journeyman III

Thanks!

But I had exchanged the quirky MB for an MSI unit in January No trouble

since