Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

rebelyell
Exemplar

Re: amd ryzen 1700 screen freezing

drcptr

this thread is rather old with very many different issues. could you please create a thread of  your personal issue with all system specs and bios settings . pics would help of the bios if possible. be glad to help you.! if no new thread post , put all info required here. i suggest new thread. plz thanks..

0 Kudos
rsmaiaa
Journeyman III

I havnt tested yet, but I know my memories are hynx and docp won't boot, just infinite loop, ill try some overclocking tonight and let you know.

0 Kudos
kap3r0n
Journeyman III

I had a ryzen 1700x with PRIME X370-PRO have issues with Corsair Link. Im not sure if it was the usb port or a driver issue, but ever since i disconnected the usb plug and uninstalled Corsair Link i have had no black screen crashes. Also i have a GeForce GTX 980 with version 382.33, and i have the current BIOS as well.

0 Kudos
rsmaiaa
Journeyman III

What solved my issue was activate maximum performance power mode on windows and update to last bios, that stoped any stuttering and freezing problems I was having

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar

you may find it wasnt actually just corsair. but all of the software reading the sensors is bad. i was suprised i had 3 or 4 reading them and quickly fixed that. it can cause tons of issues. also if you have cpu=z version 1.79 its like a major bugged out problem running borderline clocks and multi gpu's. it also messes with raid driver. i unistalled rog cpuid-z 1.79 problem gone. i tried several all the same 1.79 is a no go....!

0 Kudos
ivos
Journeyman III

I am currently plagued with the same issue Ryzen 5 1600 with Asus Prime b350 plus and bios latest 0805. Is there any confirmation on what should be the root cause of it? Or how common this type of issue is? Should I go out to replace individual parts of the system or just RMA some particular component without any additional messing with it?

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar

0 Kudos
abbccc
Journeyman III

My system:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X
  • RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 DDR4 — 2x 8Gb
  • MSI B350M BAZOOKA SocketAM4, last bios with agesa 1.0.0.6 fixes
  • NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 1Gb
  • SSD KINGSTON HyperX Savage 240G

It is pretty compatible hardware if look to msi website, but I have same issue - screen freezes,  sound plays and few seconds I can move the mouse. Also I tried different mem frequency and no effect. But I see I have same gpu and nouveau drivers installed.

Did you try to install proprietarity driver from ppa:graphics-drivers/ppa, cause it's behavior looks like X server problem (input devices/video ouput not working, but sound plays(!))?

PS: I have not had time yet to handle this problem cause my system is new and I got it 2 days ago. I wil try to install nvidia drivers and change some bios settings.

0 Kudos
entropyfoe
Journeyman III

numerique

Are you still having the freezing?

I have the same system, and was getting the locked mouse and keyboard every few hours, with random different work loads, programs running, sometimes coming back after idling . And only the reset switch will get the system back, but while locked, but sound keeps playing ! I have the Ausus Prime 370X Pro board like you, and a MSI GeFOrce 710, fanless 2G video card.

I have the G. Skill  Flare 3200 RAM running at 3200 after updating to the 0805 BIOS.  But still freezing.  Since it is independent of programs or actions, and sound still runs (decoding mp3 musc), I thought the video may be the problem.

I run MX linux (based on debian stable...a great distro).

What fixed it for me so far (now no freezes for 60 hours) was ditching the noveau driver, and installing the proprietary nVidia driver.  That seems to work for me.

If you can't get the driver working under ubuntu, maybe you can try an earlier version of the nVivia driver or consult the ubuntu boards.

Or try MX linux, it has a great community, and the live disk is easy to download and try.  I got the sound to work by switching to the generic audio driver to take the hdmi from being used, and sound works.  See    MX Linux Forum - Index page

0 Kudos
mn9design
Adept I

I have same proplem with 1800x ...when rendering with 3Ds MAX

0 Kudos