cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

RangerRobAZ
Adept II

AMD RMA timeline / experience for my Ryzen 5600x

I just wanted to post this for anyone else interested in how long the RMA process takes and what the steps were.

1. 12/7/2020 - Opened RMA case with AMD from web site.
  2. 12/14/2020 - AMD responded asking for screenshots, benchmarks, diagnostic info, etc.
  3. 12/14/2020 - I responded within hours to AMD's request with all information they wanted and then some.
  4. 12/31/2020 - AMD approved my RMA request and provided return shipping information.
  5. 1/4/2021 - I shipped CPU to AMD. Couldn't ship sooner due to holiday weekend.
  6. 1/7/2021 - CPU delivered to AMD at about 5pm.
  7. 1/11/2021 - (morning) AMD emailed that CPU validated and replacement shipped. Expect within 5 business days. No tracking number provided.
10 Replies
michaelsj1
Adept I

I'm still waiting on mine. AMD's Florida warehouse received my 5800x for an RMA on Dec. 31. But they still haven't sent me a replacement processor. Their tech support told me Fedex is 'under high volume.' Sigh...

0 Likes

FedEx high volume is a lie.  You can order anything else and FedEx will drive it right over.

0 Likes

Finally, got my replacement CPU today. Took 15 days after AMD received the defective 5800x. Seems like AMD had to wait for more supplies. Hoping the replacement CPU will be free of problems. 

0 Likes

What were the problems with your first one?

0 Likes

Kept getting WHEA/BSOD errors, like some others have been reporting. The errors also caused the motherboard to stop reading memory from the NVME M.2drive. The two b550 motherboards I was using were never quite the same after the errors. I installed a Ryzen 3600 processor to troubleshoot the issue, and the 3600 ran fine. 

0 Likes
mrsense
Adept II

You should email them to ask for the tracking number.

My RMA replacment arrived on Christmas eve.

0 Likes

Yeah, I asked what the hold up was, and if they had any tracking information. But as far as I know, they haven't even shipped the replacement CPU. I guess I will ask again, although I've already sent two emails about this. Sigh...

0 Likes

Does the replacement ship from Miami, or from some other location?

0 Likes

Mine got shipped from Florida.

RangerRobAZ
Adept II

I can't edit my original post any more. But to close this process out.

8. 1/12/2021 - Actually shipped on this day. Via FedEx Priority Overnight from Miami, FL

You don't get a tracking # from AMD, so I would recommend in advance going to FedEx.com and creating an account. Sign up for FedEx Delivery Manager and associate your delivery address for CPU with it. You will get a an email from FedEx whenever a shipment is being sent to your address. It then provides all the details/tracking on it.

0 Likes