Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

CalvinIsNewb
Adept I

amd rma return

okay so i received a email this morning getting this: 
    This is to confirm receipt of your defective product which you shipped
    back to us as part of the Cross Ship Warranty Replacement.

This completes this transaction and we thank you for your business. and im wondering if its possible to get a tracking number or not. RMA number is  RMA# 2000297901

0 Likes
1 Solution

@Matt_AMD   or  @Ray_AMD   maybe can look that up for you. However AMD was, just telling you they received it, not that it has shipped out yet so that may take a couple days before shipping. Based on what I have seen others post in the past, I don't think they give you a tracking number ever and yours likely hasn't even been shipped yet. Maybe one of the mods will respond with accurate information. If not you could PM them but I would give the process a few days before doing that. I am sure if AMD sent you this they are on top of things. 

With covid everything runs it bit slower than normal.

Good Luck, and I hope your replacement gives you years of good computing!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies

@Matt_AMD   or  @Ray_AMD   maybe can look that up for you. However AMD was, just telling you they received it, not that it has shipped out yet so that may take a couple days before shipping. Based on what I have seen others post in the past, I don't think they give you a tracking number ever and yours likely hasn't even been shipped yet. Maybe one of the mods will respond with accurate information. If not you could PM them but I would give the process a few days before doing that. I am sure if AMD sent you this they are on top of things. 

With covid everything runs it bit slower than normal.

Good Luck, and I hope your replacement gives you years of good computing!

0 Likes

oh okay thankss now i know not to call, i was just paranoid because ive been waiting like a week and a half and im impatient lol, but thanks for the advice ill be sure to do that 

To be honest I think your week and a half is pretty fast. A lot of RMAs have reports of 4-6 weeks of completion time when the world isn't in disarray. AMD could though give a bit more information on what to expect from the process instead of leaving end users to just wonder. A little message of we received you product we will or will not give you tracking and expect your product in this time frame would sure go a long way! Your question is hardly unique and a bit more information would stop most those question. 

4-6 weeks???? I did not know that I honestly thought it would take maybe 2 weeks total, but i called them like 2 hours ago and they said they were having hold ups because of people wanting the 3600's,3700 and 3900's until the 5000 series drops.Of course I rma'd like the most popular budget ryzen cpu atm, yeah I wish they would give more info on whats happening because this is my first time doing rma with them.The bootkit that they sent for me along time ago was really quick and fast

0 Likes

How did you call them? I've been looking for a phone number for them for the last month. I just went through a nearly 1 month RMA only to get a defective replacement.

0 Likes

Okay so if you already sent them a service request and did all those steps that they told you, you should've gotten a proper rma, but if not you can call this number 1 (877) 284-1566 that's the number I called and you ask for an agent, and they will lead you through the process.Hope this helps :)

Thank you so much! 

Anytimeee just reply back if you ever need more help 

Is it possible to return a chip and just get refunded instead of getting a new one back?

0 Likes