Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

skeetdoggy222
Journeyman III

AMD processor

Hello

Im looking build a gaming pc not sure buy AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER PRO 3995WX or AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER PRO 3975WX

Not sure which motherboard to buy as well  ROG Zenith II Extreme or TRX40 AORUS XTREME or Creator trx40 or TRX40 Taichi

What graphics card should i purchase AMD Radeon™ RX 6900 XT Graphics or AMD Radeon™ RX 6800 XT Graphics or AMD Radeon™ RX 6800 Graphics

Please help me what choose processor and motherboard and graphics card please

0 Likes
2 Replies
Mxrs
Adept I

Hey,

first of all, don't even buy a Threadripper for gaming, it's no use and it is too overpowered. But for gaming you'd be better off going with a normal Ryzen from the 5000 series, if you look for the best performance, go for the 5950X or 5900X, with a Threadripper you literally just lose FPS. When you are also planning to use it as a serious workstation, then you can go for the Threadripper.

As for motherboards I think Asus has the best ones. But please do not buy a Threadripper for gaming, it is no good. The Threadripper is made for workstation and/or server purposes.

If you want the best of the best performance in the graphics card section, I would suggest going with a 6900 XT, a 3080 Ti or 3090.

Kind regards

0 Likes
kennethkramer3
Journeyman III

Ryzen processors are the very best for work or gaming or both!  I would stay with the 3000-series processors since the prices have dropped with the introduction of the 5000-series.

0 Likes