Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

maicon_kloch
Journeyman III

AMD processor choice question

Good afternoon,
I am setting up a computer, and I would like some information on the best value for money I can build. The computer I'm mounting will need to run corel draw x8 and some tools in the same pattern. Initially I thought about using either the Ryzen 5 2600 processor or the Ryzen 3 2200g processor. I would like to know if using any of these processors I can quietly use my tools without the need for off board graphics card?

0 Likes
5 Replies

The Ryzen 5 2600 isnt an APU so you still need a seperate GPU for it unlike the Ryzen 3 2200g APU that has a built in GPU, i would prefer the 2400G though as it has 4 more thread compared to the 2200G which could help with corel draw seeing as the system requirements for it lists an i7 as the recommended, meaning that it can probably make use of more than 4 cores/4 threads.

Personally, i would go for the R5 2600 (if you can get for cheap) as its much much faster than the 2200G (R3 2200G's 4 cores 4 threads vs R5 2600s the 6 cores 12 threads). just pair it with a decent B450 board and a cheap used GPU, as corel draw x8 doesnt really make use of the GPU that much.

The only other thing i noticed would be the recommended SSD & 8gb or more Ram requirement which probably affects CorelDraws performance more than the GPU.

0 Likes

Bom dia,

Compreendi. Então no caso, seria recomendável o uso do processador Ryzen 5 e, incorporação de uma placa de vídeo básica. Teria recomendação de um modelo de placa de vídeo que atenderia bem?

Quanto a placa mãe, será que A320M atenderia bem esta demanda?

att,

Maicon Roberto Kloch

0 Likes

Dont really understand what it all means but if i had to guess, you'r asking whether the R5 2600 could work with an A320 Board and also what GPU i would recomend?

Then the Answer is Yes, the A320 (with an up to date bios) can run the 2600 but its not recommended due to smaller vrm and vrm heatsinks and more importantly, because the price of a decent B450M board is pretty close to an A320 one, which at that point alone you should probably go with the B450

As for what graphics card to use, there are plenty to choose from, just buy any second hand GPU that fits your budget as its not that important for CorelDraw. Personally, i would go for a cheap secondhand RX470 4Gb or 580 4gb GPU (only the ones that have HDMI port, The ones that only have DVI are mainly used for mining plus you wont be able to use freesync with it.

lots of those being sold used atm, you only need to make sure that its the branded ones like Saphire, XFX, Asus, Gigabyte etc. and not those no name chinese brands which are just total rippoffs and should best be avoided.

From my own persoanl experience buying secondhand RX series AMD Cards for use in blender, Most of what you will find was at some point probably been used for mining, so its best to have the seller test it thoroughly first (most reputable sellers will show you the item being tested) and have a warranty close in hand.

honestly most of them still work fine aslong as you dont do any overclocking.

Another reason why i personally recommend AMD Cards is that if you have them connected to an HDMI or DVI display, you can enable VSR (Virtual Super Resolution) in the Radeon Settings->Display menu. what it does is allow you to use a higher resolution on your display than what your monitor supports which. for example, Monitor only supports 1366x768, with VSR enabled you can push it upto 1440p and it does so way better (it just works) than what nvidia cards do using DSR (Too blurry if you can even get it to work)

0 Likes

Good Morning

Firstly, thank you very much for your return, it helped me a lot.

Following the idea of ​​the video card, would the models below fit my need well?

Video card

• Sapphire Radeon R7-350 2GB DDR5 PCI-Express

• PowerColor Red Dragon AMD Radeon RX 560 2GB Graphics Card, GDDR5 - AXRX 560 2GBD5-DHAV2

• Sapphire Radeon RX-550 Pulse 4GB DDR5 PCI-Express Video Card

que,

Maicon Roberto Kloch

0 Likes

Honestly, Any of those three would work just fine, just get the one that fits your current budget. Though when it comes to speed, the RX560 is slightly faster than the RX550 but the 4GB vram of the RX550 could help when you start using higher resolution monitors like say a 2k and 4k, but im guessing by then you would probably start looking for a new GPU anyway so it doesnt matter as much for now. 

0 Likes