cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Exemplar
Exemplar

Re: AMD - please let us turn off 20 degC over-report in 1800X

yes , asus has been working on the micro code amd gave them couple months ago. first rev was 9945 then 1401 then 1403. all lookes good since 1401 .. the 9945 wasnt all that stable but worked.

the offset of temps is in bios , i was speaking of before not software i wouldnt ever use the software either.. but 1403 bios fixes temps.,

0 Kudos
Adept III
Adept III

I have C6H and i installed bios 1403. I have a 1700X. i've disabled SENSE MI SKEW because, for another times, cpu temp readings are broken: according to the motherboard, CPU is idling at 10° while cpu socket is 33°...with this bios, phisical laws are broken....it's not possible that cpu temp is 10° while air ambient temp is 29°...perhaps bios coder, before writing bios, they drink a lot of beer or red whine or whisky.....i'm very disappointed....every time that a new bios is released a new bug is born...if i install, with bios flashback, bios 1201, CPU temp return correct....so it's a specified bios version related problem..it seems that with 1403 and Sense MI Skew Auto (default option) tctl is correct (-20° than the original reading) but tdie is tctl -20°...so with this version Tdie is -40° than the original value read from the CPU...

I think that C6H is a very good hw motherboard...but bios are not so good....

0 Kudos
Exemplar
Exemplar

you bring up an interesting thing here. 1st can you just check a bios setting for me. i need to look to be sure but i think it is in the ryzen  cbs settings . there is a offset for temps setting make sure that it is set basically default. on the other hand this what i have found.

when i used beta 1006 9945 and 1006 1401 betas i had similiar issue. but mine was about - 10-15c and was below room temps ambient. so plz clarify you got this 1403 from the site. i am wondering if anyone else has this issue.  i am running the beta 1403 pre-release which fixed this.

let me know if offset is ok.

0 Kudos
Adept III
Adept III

the setting is called SENSE MI SKEW and is located in Tweaker's Paradise...not in Zen CBS setting. Letting this item Auto, with every NEW bios revision CPU temp showed by the motherboard is different ...with 1403 after flashing and after clearing CMOS (no battery for 15 min) temp showed is 40° less than origin CPU TCTL. For example with CPU in idle, TCTL (original TCTL for 1700X CPU) is idling 50° which are 30° real (50-20)...CPU temp showed by Hwinfo in the Asus Tab shows 10°...(50-20-20)...and the fan rpm are very very low (300rpm with a Noctua DH-15) because the board set fan speed according to Tdie (tctl -40)..in my case fan speed is at minimum....because board is reading 10°...

I downloaded the bios 1403 directly from Asus Site...it's not downloaded by Asus Elmor C6H forum in overclock.net. (in any case two files NOT COMPRESSED have the exactly same size and md5, so files are identical). And the problem is the BIOS...because if i rollback to 1201, CPU temp returns magically correct...

CPU is set at default. (only ram is set at DOCP standard, 2133 14 14 14 35 50 t1) all voltages are set at Auto.

With this setting disabled, cpu temp returns magically correct, Tctl is 50° but Tdie is 30°, and fan speed is ok (600rpm).

Onestly i don't know if this is a bug or not...but as a consumer it's ridicolous to see CPU temp 10° when i live in a room with 28°...it's ridicolous to see that with 1201 temp returns magically correct...and for me it's dangerous to use a temp not real: for example if my heatsink detach from my CPU?? Thermal protection works or not? If people use AIO with Pump and Pump stop working? What's happens? if Tdie is not correct? Perhaps it's better leave SENSE MI SKEW disabled...

0 Kudos
Exemplar
Exemplar

my board has sense mi which i have enabled do to overclocking. and i have the I/O clock skew disabled for oc'ing aswell . but there is an offset to change temps to whatever you want.. i will be in my bios later and i will check the location just so you can see it.

0 Kudos
Exemplar
Exemplar

yea i wouldnt get it from overclock.net either..

maybe youu can try this to flash. i use it and few other cats in here its runs perfect. i do know 1 person in here same issue getting it from the asus site so i dunno.. here see if this fixes.

https://community.amd.com/external-link.jspa?url=https%3A%2F%2Frog.asus.com%2Fforum%2Fshowthread.php...

0 Kudos
Exemplar
Exemplar

sense mi and sense mi skew are 2 different things just saying

0 Kudos
Exemplar
Exemplar

yea the size is the same. but theres no way to tell if the program is just some changed numbers and such. getting technical here lol. either way havent seen anyone but 2 people with temp issues now and both are from website. so i cant say. the lik above works and if not its something else.

if you running a water pump like me i use aio by the cpu fan plugs and use corsair temp #1 so it reads the tdie and not tcdl

0 Kudos
Exemplar
Exemplar

the 1201 was wrong unless someone changed offset from factory. how long have you had this board?

0 Kudos