cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

crabby
Adept I

AMD, please fix the rebooting/boot loop problem in the next X570 BIOS!

My Ryzen 7/X570 experience has so far been awful. When I got the Gigabyte Aorus Elite X570 motherboard in September I first had to update BIOS to F4 so it would run the G.skill Flare-X 3200 CL14 RAM at their intended speed and timings, using XMP. No big deal, as the processors and motherboards were fairly new on the market.

But the random reboots have been horrible. I have lost unsaved work, and interrupted in the middle of games and conversations.

Sometimes everything goes black and there's no reboot, and turning the PC on and off doesn't help, because it can't POST or boot at all. The motherboard gets its power and everything is fine except that the BIOS/motherboard refuses to do what it's supposed to. The last time it happened it took me hours of tried before the PC booted. Then the random reboots continued, and then it happened again, so except for the LED's on the motherboard and the spinning fans, the motherboard is basically dead. I updated BIOS to F10a via USB and Q-Flash Plus, but it didn't help. I returned the motherboard to the vendor.

If anoyne from AMD is reading this, please fix this rebooting/boot loop issue in the next BIOS update!

Lots of users have this problem. Someone said that the BIOS couldn't initialize the graphics card and went into a loop because of that. I don't know what's going on, but this has to be fixed.

18 Replies