Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

AMD FX-9590

I have fx-9590 and mobo is ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0

CPU freezing PC i can't overclock from 4700 to 4800 MHZ instantly freezing...

I have

ZALMAN CNPS12X cooler

some peoples say me: This cooler is good for your CPU

I like AMD but this prbolem is very bad and I'm thinking about changing CPU from AMD to Intel...

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

Re: AMD FX-9590

There is no point talking about Intel, AMD, CPU cooler ,if you don't know how good are all components in your system.

1.Test your RAM for errors (1 hour)

2.Use HWinfo64 (sensors) to test your vital system parameters during heavy load and upload results here (in pictures)

3.Update your BIOS

4.fx-9590 is not so good for overclocking. What are you expected from 100 MHz?

5.You have no idea (i think) about your temperatures and voltages and making categorical conclusions...No offense

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forerunner
Forerunner

Trying to overclock the FX-9xxx series processors is not advisable, as they are already a pre-overclocked (Binned) FX-83xx processor.

Also, the FX-9xxx series processors are a 220w processor and they naturally run hot!

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Bulldozer/AMD-FX-Series%20FX-9590.html

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forerunner
Forerunner

The AMD FX™ 9000 Series processors feature a 220 Watt TDP and have three unique requirements:

1) A robust CPU liquid cooling system. The Antec Kuhler H20 925, Cooler Master Nepton 120XL, and Corsair H80i are examples of products with sufficient cooling capacity.

2) A socket AM3+ motherboard that supports processors with a 220 Watt TDP. As of September 15, 2015, the compatible motherboard list is as follows:

3) Chassis exhaust fan mounted near the motherboard VRM components with at least 35CFM of air flow capacity

And a link: AMD FX™ 9000 Series Processor System Requirements

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

What is your psu wattage?

Go to asus and make sure you have the proper bios updates for your motherboard, I had that mobo once and had to do that when these processors came out.

Make sure you have bios version M5A99FX PRO R2.0 BIOS 2501 flashed for this motherboard, Asus has certified support for the 9000 series fx processors and you should be good to go.

It sounds like a power issue to me, If you dont know what your doing do not attempt to overclock but if you do know what your doing you can go into the bios and fiddle around with the power options, Also make sure you have turbo turned off in bios when attempting to overclock. I managed to overclock mine to 5.5ghz with an NZXT Kraken water cooler.

These chips are pretty rugged as well imo when it comes to oc test. 

Heres a link to your MOBO driver page on Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 | Motherboards | ASUS USA , Just choose which windows version your useing and go from there.

All the best,

~Michael

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

I see your problem is your CPU Cooler, YOU NEED A WATER COOLER, If your going to be using this Flagship processor it deserves to be water cooled, This is not an option and is nessisary for your processor to run stable. Your Zalman air cooler is not significant enough for this chip.

I would underclock it if i were you untill you get a water cooling solution.

You have a high end processor with insignificant cooling.

In other words would your trying to get an airplane to run from fuel designed for a car.

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

NOPE cooler is cold and cpu hot...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

How i can test my RAM for errors?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I don't overclock only normal mode 4.7GHZ clock and freezing...

I have newest BIOS version and i have RAM: HyperX Kingstone 2400MHZ 8GB

I only want have cpu on normal clock without freezing...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

Prime64>torture test>blend

MemTest is a little better, but you need to create disc and boot up from it.

0 Kudos