cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

yakub
Journeyman III

AMD FX 8350 - low efficienty

Hello, everyone reading this. I have been experiencing constant problems with the purchase of the AMD FX 8350. I've already asked on large forums, I've been combining in the BIOS, I've done literally everything. Let's start from the beginning. I fired ETS2, and I started to play. Pruning started, and worst of all, 60FPS fell to 40FPS. You could not play. At first I thought - 100% throttling. So I bought heat sinks for the power supply section of the motherboard. I put on radiators, I start the game. The problem is still the same! I am firing HWMonitor and playing. I played the whole 30 minutes and did not note any drop in core clocking on the CPU, and lags were still there. Temperatures are okay, because they do not exceed 65 * C. What's with this processor? In GTA V I have the same number of FPS as in ETS2. Outside of the city in GTA V I have liquid 60FPS, and when I enter the city, there are already 47 FPS and the game's performance drops. When I play in ETS2 and drive out of town, I do not have any lags, just pruning. Problems start in the city. How is this possible if GTA V is more demanding and I have more FPS than in ETS2 where in theory I should not have any problems? My specifications: Power supply: Antec 500w Processor: AMD FX 8350 Graphics card: Gigabyte Radeon RX 470 G1 GAMING 4gb MOBO: ASRock 980DE3 / U3S3 with heat sinks and a cooled 4 + 1 power section. RAM: 2x4 Dual Channel Ballistix Sport Crucial

0 Likes
5 Replies

• ETS2 being Euro Truck simulator 2 please?
  • Please make sure you met minimum specification and the driver is restarting and out of date before continuing.
  • Right click at the desktop and select AMD Radeon Settings three times to bring up the user interference.
  • Click on system and check that the hardware has the correct generic name.
  • Minimum:
    • Processor: Dual core CPU 2.4 GHz
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM
    • Graphics: GeForce GTS 450-class (Intel HD 4000)
    • Hard Drive: 3 GB available space

• Recommended:
      • Processor: Quad core CPU 3.0 GHz
      • Memory: 6 GB RAM
      • Graphics: GeForce GTX 760-class (2 GB)
      • Hard Drive: 3 GB available space

• I have both AMD Ryzen R7 1700 and AMD FX 8350 and with two AMD R9 280 in crossfire™.
    • while running GTA5 they can achieve near the same performance on both systems. that's with or without crossfire, a stunning performance.
    • A slight improvement in AMD Ryzen™ is something most users would have experienced after there purchase of this processor.
    • you can gain some improvement in this situation by using  AMD Overdrive to overclock it to deliver that final knocking blow.

they hope we cant continue to use new and exciting AMD™ products in the future,

0 Likes

I suspect that something in the configuration is wrong.

I own a FX-8320E and a R9 380,

both games run flawless...

Try lowering graphical settings.

0 Likes
    gto_pro
    Adept III

u did a verry poor choice on the motherboard i have it and had only problems with it it could berely hold my fx 6300 do not even think about overclocking on it also the fx series cpus have verry poor single core performance u get high fps but verry low low fps almmost instant drops most of the times u should of invested in a new ryzen cpu build even the lowest r3 1200 performance is vastly superior to any of the fx procesors

0 Likes
    hotrith
    Miniboss

Possible the issue is not from your cpu, i use the same as you and i run all games between 2k high/Ultra and 4k med/high the cpu handles very well.

I use it with 16Gb 1866mhz and Nvidia 1070 now, before it was on a RX580 8gb, changing to the Nvidia i gain 10 to 15 fps more.

0 Likes

When you look at his specs...

The Northbridge on the motherboard is RX881 which poorly supports FX CPU's.

For FX CPU's i reccomend a minimum Northbridge 970.

It might be the motherboard's Northbridge.

0 Likes