Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

aiml3zz
Journeyman III

AMD FX 8320e getting really hot

Jump to solution

even under stock speed / using stock fan / 1 front fan / 1 rear fan.

Its idle is quite okay around 20-25 but while playing games like Overwatch it hits around 65°C+ even saw 70 for a short time !

i cleaned my fans, case i dont know what to do anymore

Yeah even change thermal paste to a new one Called arctic mx 4 installed it probbly even the dude at my local store checked my heatsink ,i know him for some quite time. but for a real check up it would coast much more then the cpu is even worth 😧 so i decided to ask the amd forum maybe they can help me.

Nachricht geändert durch Paddy Schlößer

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abi
Challenger

Re: AMD FX 8320e getting really hot

Jump to solution

hey i also had a similar issue with my fx8350, payed 20$ and upgraded my cpu cooler to a hyper tx3 evo and problem solved..

but the reason was my rear fan case wasnt enough to remove the hot air from the case..i could feel the case top panel hot.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Jump to solution

Are you reading the core temperature?

0 Kudos
aiml3zz
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Gyazo - cf1bd442c041857c6ac00e78e24ad9e7.png

Gyazo - 1da7ef6c44ebe25b87aa69e1473bb477.png

thats what im using to get my temps

dont know why it says only 8320 but im using 8320e !

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

The package temperature is not the core temperature. You want to use AIDA64 or Coretemp to read it.

0 Kudos
techguy
Forerunner

Jump to solution

The FX-8320-E model has a maximum internal "core temp" of 70.5C per AMD. The newer versions of AIDA64, Core Temp, OCCT and HWiNFO should provide accurate internal AMD CPU temps in the 60C-70C range, which is all that actually matters. Programs like OCCT will log core temps, CPU voltage, etc. in a file and show you them in graph form so you can see what is happening under heavy gaming or other PC operation. Unfortunately the different temp programs do not use the same name for internal core temp.

http://products.amd.com/en-gb/search/CPU/AMD-FX-Series/AMD-FX-8-Core-Black-Edition/FX-8320E/102

0 Kudos
aiml3zz
Journeyman III

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
abi
Challenger

Jump to solution

hey i also had a similar issue with my fx8350, payed 20$ and upgraded my cpu cooler to a hyper tx3 evo and problem solved..

but the reason was my rear fan case wasnt enough to remove the hot air from the case..i could feel the case top panel hot.

View solution in original post

aiml3zz
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

thanks i just went to ther store 😧 but didnt find a hyper tx3 so i picked the Hyper T4 ! my temps are now at max 47~°C

now maybe i can even think start about overclocking ! thanks

0 Kudos
mwnn
Adept II

Jump to solution

Virtually any of the Coolermaster Hyper models do a far better job than the useless old stock cooler and fit all common sockets.

The EVO 212 gets high praise and it's the one I'd recommend - if you can fit it. I own that myself

http://www.dvtests.com/cooler-master-hyper-t4-test-and-review/

http://dvtests.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/New-Microsoft-Office-PowerPoint-Presentation.jpg

http://dvtests.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Fan-Speed.jpg

I ended up having to use the stock cooler which came with my Phenom II for a very brief time.

I was forced to get a replacement aftermarket cooler as the thing sounds like a bloody jet engine under load!

The stock Intel cooler isn't half as bad.

It really was about time AMD came up with the newer cooler i.e. Wraith

And I'm eagerly awaiting the Zen chips...

0 Kudos
aiml3zz
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

well thats how it looks now x3

Gyazo - d8c69b634b5453c163d947a64619a885.jpg

much better the max Core Temps were after 10min Stress test !

i used Prime95 because i have the feeling sometimes aida64 doesnt boost the cpu to it max

and while gaming its even much lower ( at lol its like max 51°C )

0 Kudos