cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

thermophile
Journeyman III

AMD FX-6350 im getting CRAZY amounts of CPU lag

AMD FX-6350 im getting CRAZY amounts of CPU usage when im running any game AND a twitch stream running.Its only one core doing it, core 0. Ive made sdure my cores are all unparked and ive got a pretty powerful PC i cant seem to figure this out. ive tried reinstalling everything except windows. any one have a clue whats going on?

CPU: AMD FX 6350

Memory: 16gb Ballistix Sport ddr3 1600

Hard Drive: PNY CS2211 480gb

Video Card: ASUS Radeon R9 390X

MoBo: MSI Gaming 990FXA-GAMING

Supply: Rosewill PHOTON Series 1200W

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
15 Replies
xeleron
Miniboss

Re: AMD FX-6350 im getting CRAZY amounts of CPU lag

Try updating the mobo bios to 1.4. If that doesnt work,monitor the system with hwinfo and post the log showing the activity so that we can see what is affecting it.Cheers.

thermophile
Journeyman III

xeleron​ i updated my bios to the newest version. still getting the same issues, im updating the original with the log from hwinfo ( i think i did it right)

0 Kudos
thermophile
Journeyman III

/bump, any luck?

0 Kudos
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Use Task Manager to see which application or Windows System Process is using up so many CPU cycles.

0 Kudos
thermophile
Journeyman III

the screen shot above is from a videogame that's 13 years old. and the only other "heavy" process is watching a twitch stream on my other screen. granted the older games dont suport multiple cores but shouldn't the processes be split up amongst the cores? and also the same problem is happening with a newer game that does support multiple cores.

and for what its worth, ive done this for years with this exact CPU, its only become an issue for the past few weeks. Ive already reverted back to a backup that i made in mid april( before the issues arose) i would prefer not to have to reinstall windows. but i also dont want to buy a new cpu if it means i have to switch to windows 10. is there no info from that report they had me post to see whats causing this?

0 Kudos
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

No, Windows manages CPU resources and application thread workloads in combination with the application you are running.

A screenshot of Task Manager might reveal the application or process which is causing the issue.

The problem is not your CPU.

0 Kudos
thermophile
Journeyman III

ill do that as soon as im home from work, which tab would you like a picture of?

0 Kudos
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Processors and Details. Sort the first by CPU usage and the latter by memory.

0 Kudos
thermophile
Journeyman III

amdmatt​ added to SS from a few points of view.

0 Kudos