cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

kintis
Journeyman III

AMD E1-6010 APU R2 Graphics--so slow that it cannot even support simple web browsing?

I have a laptop with an AMD E1-6010 APU R2 Graphics, which is terribly slow, to the point of not being able to handle simple web browsing (CPU Usage goes to 100% with a single tab open). Updated drivers, clean-installed Windows, then switched to Linux. No difference. I then ran both a Lenovo and a PC Doctor diagnostic (attached), which found no errors. I then ran a CPU benchmark test from cpu.userbenchmark.com (also attached). What's worrying is that the benchmark test says "With an extremely low single core score, this CPU can barely handle email and light web browsing" This despite the fact that CPU is "Performing way above expectations (92 percentile)" and GPU is "Performing above expectations (72 percentile)". Could it be that this processor is of such low quality, that even if performing way above expectations, it can still barely handle email and light web browsing?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Post a Speccy screenshot as an inline picture. Your benchmark test shows your RAM running at 800mhz.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Post a Speccy screenshot as an inline picture. Your benchmark test shows your RAM running at 800mhz.

Thanks very much. There you go. What would you suggest?

Speccy1.jpgSpeccy2.jpg

0 Likes

Oh that's normal then, DDR3-1333, wasn't sure if it was reading clock or frequency...Is a low amount of memory though 4GB, well 3.5GB after shared memory for GPU, plus only 512MB of VRAM, and a slow HDD. Yes the CPU is slow, but modern Ubuntu and especially Windows 10 use a lot of system resources, so it's really the entire machine, especially when you consider modern web browsers aren't exactly light.

0 Likes
davodamirajam
Journeyman III

I have exactly this hardware
But in the model asus x540y 
This is a disaster because it was built in 2014
What was AMD thinking? In 2014, did genius engineers not know if there was OS 10 or 8.1
my dell d630 (2008) has t9300 cpu is very power full than amd e1. in 2014 clock 1.3? and cant replace it 

0 Likes