cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Vanix2
Adept II

AMD Driver timeout (Adrealine edition)

Hello everyone, i hope you are having a great day!

So now after i installed AMD Adrealine edition to download all the drivers needed, ive been getting this driver timeout issue, although all my drivers are up to date.. 

1.-AMD-Driver-Timeout.png

However, i tried reinstalling the drivers again and again and i kept getting this issue. Everytime i play a game it crashes after 2-5mins and sometimes longer but it still crashes, the scaling zooms in suddenly and sometimes zooms out so i have to resize it from HDMI Scaling in the amd adrealine edition.

Ive an apu which is ryzen 5 5600g so i dont know whats the issue ..

im on win 11 aswell and yes i have the correct version from the official amd site.

thank you in advance!

0 Likes
14 Replies
Vanix2
Adept II

0 Likes
Leonotabot
Journeyman III

Hi I had a  problem almost identical to this, which I posted about, I was getting a mixture of this message and another message telling the driver had been put into safe mode, I spent weeks trying to get it fixed, and today asked on this forum and microsoft forum.

No one replied to me here yet, but on the microsoft forum I was told to try uninstalling the drivers completley using DDU and then reinstall an older driver I knew worked, so I went back to 22.9.1 from April last year as my Omen 16 worked fine until about the summer time last year and 23.1 and 23.2 had both been causing me the problems.

Since I have tried that the messages of error from amd have all gone and I am instead back to the messages of new features and how to personalise the Adrealine software. No more crashes during gaming, no more amd bug reporter messages, no more crash on restart.

Good Luck!

Hello!
Actually, it still happens suddenly (most of the times in old games) like GTA SA, CSGO and other old games, but it still crashes in valorant but not that much maybe once or twice a day.

And it's abit sad because i cant play properly ... i keep getting it suddenly and i gotta restart the game and re-set the HDMI Scaling to either 0 or 5 to make it fit on the screen and then i get it again and again so it's kinda boring you know...

I really wish if someone would help me out, thank you in advance!

0 Likes
Vanix2
Adept II

Hello!

Im not sure if my amd chipset drivers are up to date but do you think they are the issue? if i updated the amd chipset drivers to the latest version will it fix the crash? I keep getting it, its very annoying... my mb is b450m ds3h, which chipset should i download and how do i find the right ones? and are they risky to update just like the bios? 

thank you again

0 Likes
Vanix2
Adept II

?????

can anybody help? this started getting very very annoying cant even play a game 30mins straight without crashing like come onnnnnn

0 Likes

1. Try disabling MPO, some users report problems like this related to MPO.
This small article contains the registry for you to disable or return to default.

2. Disable "Crash Defender" in Windows services tab and msconfig.
This video is simple and can help you.

0 Likes

Hello! thank you for replying to me.

I've did the steps you mentioned above and ill keep you updated (HOPEFULLY IT DOESNT CRASH ANYMORE, I really hope...)

Thank you!!

0 Likes

Hello again after testing it, my screen still flicks for like 2-7 secs and then come back. and scaling zooms in and sometimes out (depends if i set the HDMI scaling to 0 or 5 in the adrealine edition app)

In games like CSGO or VALORANT it completely crashes

After disabling MPO and disabling crash defender the AMD Bug report doesn't appear but it still crashes in VALORANT and CSGO but in games like GTA SA , the screen flicks and then goes black for 4-8 seconds and come back with a new scaling zoom. I can record if it's really needed!

Thank you again.

0 Likes
toughy
Adept II

Getting the same issue after logging in to Windows, after installing Adrenalin 23.3.1.

I have a multi-GPU system with 5700G with Vega 8, RX 580 and RTX 2080 Ti (notice I also have an APU), but my discrete AMD  card no longer detects the monitor... !!!

The driver timeout crash at login went away after a number of logins, though I guess it can still show up at times I can not predict... Initially I even blamed it on the first application I was launching, HWiNFO64. I am not gaming any more these days, but without a video signal from my discrete GPU I guess I will downgrade back to Adrenalin 23.2.2, maybe  I get better luck wtih it.

0 Likes

I guess it's the adrealine edition bug but for me it's not the first time, I tried all the previous versions of the adrealine edition and nothing worked.

0 Likes
nwtecx
Adept I

Do it this way:
1. Download the video driver from your AMD website.
2. Download updated chipset driver. 
3. Disable internet (remove cable).
4. Remove current video driver with Display Driver Unistaler and reboot.
5. Install both drivers and reboot.
6. Turn on the internet again.
7. Repeat the process I suggested: MPO and Crash Defender

I'm having the same exact issue here. After the season 3 update of Warzone 2.0, I'm having this issue. Tried everything but doesn't solve anything. Can anyone help?

0 Likes

Unfortunatly, amd support is **bleep** was the worst experience i ever had, no one wants to help except few people which i really respect but rest are piece of s*hit

0 Likes

I feel u.

0 Likes