cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

SEMISamW
Adept I

Re: AMD Customer Services claims my retail box CPU is OEM/TRAY Processor and refuses to send bootkit

Jump to solution

Hi elstaci,

Thank you for spending the time to help me out.

Really appreciate your efforts.

Best 

Sam

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

Re: AMD Customer Services claims my retail box CPU is OEM/TRAY Processor and refuses to send bootkit

Jump to solution

hopefully AMDMATT will be able to verify your Serial Number as being a Retail CPU and not a OEM CPU.

0 Likes
SEMISamW
Adept I

Jump to solution

Updates,

I sent an email to AMD antifraud team, they help me proved that the CPU is an authentic retail product and speeded up my request.

But still, it took me 10+ emails and almost 10 days to get this done.

The customer service could be improved in some aspects.

1)

For example, detailed instructions on what information and where to find that information could be provided. As there are different OPNs on the box and CPU lid. The online instruction fails to elaborate the differences. 

2)

Also, the customer services professionals need more training on how to handle common cases and communicate with customers. I would rate 10/10 for the response of the antifraud team and 5/10 for the customer service team...

Hope they could see this and get some feedback.

I really like AMD, especially I understand how hard it could be to build great products as I am also involved in this industry. 

Thanks for leaving your comments, wish everybody a fruitful 2021!

Best

Sam

View solution in original post

elstaci
MVP

Jump to solution

Great that you finally got your problem resolved.

But how did you contact AMD Anti-Fraud who verified your CPU was Retail and not OEM?

Just asking for my own future reference.

SEMISamW
Adept I

Jump to solution

I sent all the pictures to AMD antifraud@amd.com ask for help to verify the SN and OPN.

They respond very quickly.

Help this could help you in case of needs.

elstaci
MVP

Jump to solution

Thanks!

0 Likes