cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

fimau
Journeyman III

AMD Athlon II X4 620 upgrade to AMD FX 8350

I did not do much for some time with my CPU and I have decided I want to upgrade it as I saw mine was from 2009. I am not trying to get a really good one or anything but at least something that is better and I found AMD FX 8350 on Amazon (https://www.amazon.de/AMD-Octa-Core-Prozessor-Socket-Cache/dp/B009O7YUF6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1548...) after I checked everything and found no problems with compatibility so I bought it. Fast forward a few days and it arrives. I opened the package and installed the CPU and then I tried to start it. At first, it did as I expected and wanted but after a while, I realised that it actually did not. I only got to a black screen. I am sure that I installed it the correct way and I installed it with a lot of caution.

Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P    Mainboard

LC-Power LC500H-12               Power adapter

What have I done wrong?

What alternatives would be out there for upgrading my CPU?

0 Likes
1 Reply

went to Gigabyte Support for your models GA-MA770T-UD3P version 1.0 - 3.1. None of those motherboards shows the FX8350 as being compatible.

Motherboard version 3.1

Motherboard versions 1.0, 1.1, 1.3, & 1.4

If you have version 3.1 you might want to open a Gigabyte Support ticket and see if they have a BETA BIOS that would make your FX8350 compatible to download. Otherwise you are out of luck and would need to either upgrade your motherboard or downgrade your FX8350 to a FX8140 or for lowers motherboard versions (1.0 - 1.4) FX4130.