Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

fadeedits
Newcomer

amd A8 6600K not working correctly.

Hi everyone,

my name is Fade. since a few weeks ago I got some problems with my PC.

And I wonder if you guys know what's wrong with my CPU.

Since 2 weeks ago my pc started to do weird. it did things that it didn't do before. 1 week ago my GPU died due overheat I think. I have great airflow and a great cooling in the case,

but I think that the overclock it became to hot. but let's switch to topic again. my CPU is doing weird than normal. I am a video editor and my render times became longer than usual,

some games that I played with the intergraded graphics are now unplayable for a reason and I wonder why. Even CSGO 1.6 is not playable. One of my  friend's suggested to install

a new driver, but when I install the driver I get a black screen and am I forced to restart my pc. Only it doesn't install the driver. I can't play games with the intergraded graphics anymore.

I am running on Windows 10 Pro, AMD A8-6600K cpu with Radeon graphics, Asus A88XM-A motherboard with 8 gb of ddr3 RAM 1333Mhz (dual channel 2x4) and an 750W PSU.

this CPU was pretty decent for me and I dont want to buy a new cpu yet, but if I need to than there is no option.

I hope some of you guys know what my problem is.

Thanks for your time,

Fade Edits.

0 Likes
7 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

fadeedits, so now you are running on the Integrated Graphics Unit (GPU)?  Please go to the AMD download site, DL and install the latest AMD chip set drivers and GPU drivers.  Please use the manual option.  Let us know if this helps.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Yes, at the moment I am running on the Integrated Graphics Unit of this CPU.

Like I mentioned that I can't install any new driver chipset. When I install one I get a black screen.  I can press anything and hear sounds of Windows.

but nothing that helps. That's why I want to know what happened to my CPU. my CPU is never overclocked. only my old GPU was overclocked (not the integrated graphics.)

do you know what the problem might be?

Fade Edits.

0 Likes

fadeedits, I have not seen this before, so do not have an idea.  I should point out that I and most here do not work for AMD.  You may want to open an AMD e-mail Support Ticket.  Where are you getting your drivers and what are their names?  If you are not getting them from AMD Driver DL site, then you should try those.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

I get my drivers from the official website of AMD.

I dont really trust any third party drivers.

I will try to contact AMD throught the email ticket! thanks for the tip,

Thanks,

Fade Edits

0 Likes

This is the correct AMD APU Graphics driver for your computer setup: Legacy .

It is possible your A8 6600K made not be able to play the newest games at high settings.

See this thread about your APU and gaming: amd quad-core a8 series apu-6600k with radeon hd 8570d do i need to buy a graphic card - [Solved] - ...

0 Likes

I already tried to install new drivers from AMD, but like I mentione, is that installing a driver gives me a black screen and it does not go away. I have to restart my pc than. (Turning it off and than on again)

thanks for your help,

Fade Edits

Hello sir/mam i the same issue with my system AMD A8-6600K having Card 8570HD 8 GB ram the system isn't displaying just speed the supply fans speed and i tired to do all thing changing RAM and hardrive but still don't know is there my process did over heat or any other problem please help me out 

0 Likes