cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

jesus92
Journeyman III

AMD A10 9600p low performance on old directx 9 games

I won an Acer-e5 notebook with AMD A10 9600p + Radeon R8 m445dx.

The video card is ok, I can play "newer" games, like gta 5 for example, with medium to high settings and still stable 60+ FPS. However in games that need more processing power, the A10 9600p lacks performance, for example, csgo (counter-strike global offensive), which is a 2009 directx 9 game, runs at 25-35 FPS, it only goes above 60-100 when I'm alone in a match and starring a wall, but with players around its impossible to play effectively. I realized this happens with other older dx9 games, but doesn't happen with much more heavy games. Also, changing ingame graphics from low to max doesn't affect FPS too much, because GPU memory is already overkill for this game, but CPU is really weird,  I used to play on a Intel i5 4th gen with Intel HD 4000 graphics and it runs better than A10+M8445DX which made me realize this a10 9600p must have some lack of optmization. Is there a way to replace this processor or overclock it? Is there something AMD could do? I just can't explain this to my own head.

0 Likes
2 Replies

This A10-9600P Review. it says the closest Intel Processor is the Intel I5-5300U: A10-9600P [in 17 benchmarks] 

Have you tried different Game configurations in your games for playing?

Have your tried using Radeon Settings to optimize the games under Game Profiles?

EDIT: Here is the latest AMD Laptop for the A10-9600U APU: Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.6.3 Release Notes | AMD 

0 Likes

Thanks for answering.

Yes, I have tried many different game profiles and settings, many youtube vídeos and many custom settings (I will graduate in computer science in a couple months). CSGO Average is 40 FPS, and this with all on lowest settings and 1024x768 resolution, and I've found many complains about csgo and this processor series, I will try a replacement or unfortunatelly, I will have to sell this machine. Also the automatic Turbo Core technology was being a problem, now that i cap the processor at 99%, the turbo core won't auto activate and my frame rate is more stable. All this turbo + dual graphics technology was a bad idea, most games struggle and you have to fix by yourself to get +30-50 fps boost.

Dota 2 and CSGO have a lot of problems, more than GTA V, which was fully playable. Playable to me is > 60 FPS, especially in competitive games, you can't be consistent if your FPS drops.

0 Likes