Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

fkoala
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Amd A10-8700P is showing 1 core instead of 4

Hello, recently I turn on my laptop and i notice my laptop is running very slow. So I check the task manager (I'm using windows 10) and my laptop is using almost 100% of my CPU even when idle. I search on the internet how to solve this problem and i have done many but nothing seems to work even 1 solution told me to check the number of processors. At this time I was shock to see that my processor has 1 CPU. So....if anyone knows what is the problem with my laptop please tell me what to do Thank you.

Here is my spec

AMD A10-8700P

16gb ram

AMD radeon R6

Windows 10

0 Kudos
4 Replies
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Amd A10-8700P is showing 1 core instead of 4

Adding our mobility expert kingfish

kingfish
Esteemed Contributor III

What does this mean? Where did you get this information? Screenshot?  "" At this time I was shock to see that my processor has 1 CPU.""

Carrizo just received a patch from Microsoft. Go to Windows Update and make sure your current.

These are the correct drivers for your laptop (full version, never the 'minimal' setup)...it is the only driver you install. > APU

Your Computer Power Plan must be set to "Performance"...not 'balanced'.

Your computer must be plugged in..not on battery.

How to Configure Laptop Switchable Graphics

kingfish
Esteemed Contributor III

I just saw your screenshots.....

AMD A-Series A10-8700P (Carrizo) Notebook Processor Specifications and Benchmarks - NotebookCheck.ne...

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Bulldozer/AMD-A10-Series%20A10-8700P.html

Are you using the drivers I linked you to?

Do a clean install of the new drivers using DDU in safe mode.

Uninstall AMD drivers using the computer/control panel/uninstall a program. Reboot in Safe Mode/run DDU. Reboot..install new drivers.

amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

As there has been no update on this thread, I am locking the discussion.

If you are still experiencing the same issue, please start a new discussion and provide the essential information required by clicking this link > https://community.amd.com/thread/196209

0 Kudos