cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

AMD a10 7850k on Asus A88x-Gamer. Latest crimson drivers on. Want to see Thermal margin. Overdrive on run immediately shuts off my machine. Stock everything, no overclocking done. Fresh install

As above. Why can I not use overdrive to see my thermal margin and temp? Immediate machine crash.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: AMD a10 7850k on Asus A88x-Gamer. Latest crimson drivers on. Want to see Thermal margin. Overdrive on run immediately shuts off my machine. Stock everything, no overclocking done. Fresh install

Overdrive for the CPU/APU was removed in Crimson, you'll need to use Catalyst 15.11.1 Beta.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: AMD a10 7850k on Asus A88x-Gamer. Latest crimson drivers on. Want to see Thermal margin. Overdrive on run immediately shuts off my machine. Stock everything, no overclocking done. Fresh install

IMG_0216.JPG

I call untruth's. This image is taken from a friends machine. Now admittedly he's running an AMD Card with an AMD CPU. Where as I run an NVIDIA card with an APU. But surely I should be at least able to see the thermal margin on my APU? How else am I supposed to see if it's over heating or not. I get no option to do this. And if I attempt to run overdrive as a stand alone program, it gives me the standard are you sure confirmation box, then when i press OK, it hard reboots the whole machine. I do not want to overclock. I merely want to see my thermal margin.

Something is wrong here.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please provide more information about your system and i will investigate.

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

CPU - A10 7850k

Motherboard - ASUS A88X-Gamer

Ram Corsair Vengeance pro 16gb 2133 (Main board using the ram's profile)

Graphics Card - MSI GTX 750 ti (Nvidia)

Power Supply - Corsair CX600M

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

Nvidia drivers 365.19

Crimson Drivers from AMD 16.3.2

The APU is just being used as a CPU. The Nvidia card handles graphics and the BIOS is set to PCI for the primary adapter NOT on board.

Now, all I want is to see the thermal margin and how hot my CPU is. This as you know with the APU's is done via overdriver or crimson. When I attempt to open the crimson control panel i get "No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver appropriate for your AMD hardware". I press OK and window closes. Great stuff.

When I installed crimson, it tells me it HAD installed the AMD display driver along with the rest, like the SMBUS / HD Audio components. What gives here?

My other option is to download AMD Overdrive seperately. Which is the latest version - 4.3.1.0698

I install that, it goes fine. I run it, and it asks me if im sure, please press ok. You press ok and 2 seconds later the whole machine Hard reboots. And re loads windows for me.

So I am stuck now. No way to see my heat, no way to know if I am overheating.

0 Kudos