cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

metallah
Journeyman III

AMD A10-5700 APU with AMD Radeon HD 7660D Updating Suggestions

I have a AMD A10-5700 APU with AMD Radeon HD 7660D. Running WIN 10 on ACPI x64 and is current with updates according to Windows Update. I am trying to find any drivers or suggestions to keep my computer up to par so to make it last as long as possible before having to get a whole new computer. (I do realize this thing has some age to it..).

1 Solution

Your AMD APU is considered to be Legacy and its Graphics Integrated Driver is not updated anymore by AMD. You only have two choices of the last 2 latest AMD Drivers to install and that is it, unless your Motherboard Support has a newer version or Windows Update installs a newer version but if not you will have a choice of : https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-series-processors/amd-a10-series-apu-for-desktops/a10-5700-ra... 

1- WHQL - 2015

2-BETA - 2106

You have a FM2 Socket Motherboard which is End Of Line and no more BIOS or Driver updates for your Motherboard unless AMD comes out with a new FM2 processor in the future (-:

You can always try and install a GPU card which will be more powerful than your APU integrated Graphics. As long as your Motherboard has a PCIe x 16 slot available, but you will need to purchase a GPU card that is compatible with Legacy BIOS and not UEFI Mode otherwise it won't work.

Some older GPUs work in Legacy BIOS while the newer ones work in UEFI Mode only. Some with both legacy and UEFI.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Your AMD APU is considered to be Legacy and its Graphics Integrated Driver is not updated anymore by AMD. You only have two choices of the last 2 latest AMD Drivers to install and that is it, unless your Motherboard Support has a newer version or Windows Update installs a newer version but if not you will have a choice of : https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-series-processors/amd-a10-series-apu-for-desktops/a10-5700-ra... 

1- WHQL - 2015

2-BETA - 2106

You have a FM2 Socket Motherboard which is End Of Line and no more BIOS or Driver updates for your Motherboard unless AMD comes out with a new FM2 processor in the future (-:

You can always try and install a GPU card which will be more powerful than your APU integrated Graphics. As long as your Motherboard has a PCIe x 16 slot available, but you will need to purchase a GPU card that is compatible with Legacy BIOS and not UEFI Mode otherwise it won't work.

Some older GPUs work in Legacy BIOS while the newer ones work in UEFI Mode only. Some with both legacy and UEFI.

In your case the best driver is the one built into Windows 10. 

0 Likes