Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

AMD 9590 best build

Putting together a new build with specs below. Looking at the AMD 9590 but need to know whats the best water cooler to get along with a Radeon R9 or Geforce GTX 900 series. Im looking at the crosshair V formula Z board.

Crosshair V Formula Z Board

AMD 9590 CPU

Radeon R9 300 series or Geforce GTX 900 series In SLI or CrossFire X

32gb Gskill Ripjaw X

XFX 1200 watt PSU

full tower case either thermaltake, coolermaster or Azza

1tb ssd

3 - 4 + HDD 1tb - 3tb per

or anything else people can recommend. I just want to make sure the processor stays cool under heavy gaming but also when doing 3d animation design.

0 Kudos
32 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: AMD 9590 best build

Corsair Hydro Series H105 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler CW-9060016-WW - Amazon.com​  is what I use, and it is fantastic, slightly outperforming the H110 due to design improvements according to reviews. As for a graphics card it will depend on what resolution you want to game at. A single 390X is good to 2560x1600. A single Fury Nano or Fury X is good to UHD.

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

I'll have to check out the water cooler. Im new to watercoolers and I know the 9590 runs EXTREMELY HOT but i heard it is one of the best performing CPU's on the market so i want something to last i just dont want something thats gonna overheat cause i chose the wrong cooler and all and because im doing alot of gaming or 3d animation that uses my computer for hours and it overheat like i said. What about the H110i or H110i GTX? does it outperform those also?

As for graphics cards i was looking at going Crossfire or SLI if i do nvidia but this will be my first radeon card as i've always had an nvidia in the past so i thought i would try the other and do crossfire. I would like to try two 4gb or 8gb cards if thats doable since i will be looking at getting an XFX 1200w PSU also.

Any help is appreciated with any of this. I want to do this right and make sure it lasts a while and dont overheat or get close to danger zones.

Oh what case does people use normally for this? Full tower only and the most room and features like USB 3 etc and cable management with future expansion and be able to hold multiple vga cards and have room in it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

The H105 outperforms the H110, not sure about the H110i GTX without looking up the reviews. Like I said a single Fury Nano or Fury X is good to UHD so you don't need to think about Crossfire. With a liquid CPU cooler and especially if you get the Fury X as well, the need for a full tower case isn't as great as it doesn't require the high airflow air coolers do and you can easily use a mid tower case which supports one 120mm and one 240mm radiator. I use the Corsair Vengeance Series C70 Military Green Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Newegg.com which has great cable management and a large amount of interior space, plenty for two Fury Xs.

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Ok cool. What are your specs if i may ask? Ill have to read the reviews for the H110i GTX. As for the case im just partial to full towers just so i have the room and all for future or anything i may do with it. Is the Fury X and Fury nano cards just smaller cards for the most part except one that ive seen thats large or are they better than the R9 series? I see all of em are like 4gb cards but im not familiar with the Radeon line so sorry for all the questions.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Though replace the 290X with a Fury Nano, just ordered it today as it was delivered to the wrong address for RMA  and lost. The Fury X and Fury Nano are the same card, the X has a liquid cooler and 150mhz higher core clock, while the Nano has an air cooler, 100w lower power consumption, $175 less expensive, and 90% of the performance. Both trump the 390x by a large margin.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

qqw9mk.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Oh ok so i can get say two Fury nano's with air cool or even two fury x's with water coolers if i can fit the two water coolers in it along with the 240mm or 280mm for the 9590 225w CPU and that will out do two 390x no problem?

Il; have to look at those two cards more in detail and check em out

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Aye, the Fury X is 145% as fast as the 390X while the Fury nano is 139% as fast.

Highlighted
Forerunner
Forerunner

Just an FYI that no current AMD CPU requires liquid cooling. The reason I mention this is because when you add liquid cooling to a PC you are injecting a water leak liability that doesn't exist with a HSF. While many people falsely believe that liquid coolers cool better than quality tower HSFs, objective testing show that you need at least an H100 or better liquid cooler to equal the performance of the top HSFs. Cooling is typically the top priority for most folks using a powerful CPU but obviously cost, noise, reliability etc. is also important. When, not if a liquid cooler leaks, it can and has done considerable damage to the mobo and other hardware. This naturally results in expensive damage and possible lost data while being without your PC for perhaps weeks even if the cooler maker will reimburse you for the damage. It also doesn't mean the replacement cooler will be any more reliable as owner reports substantiate. It's worth reading forum threads at the liquid cooler makers website to see what issues their customers are having, especially re-occurring pump failures, leaks, etc.

FWIW, the larger tower fans do a fine job of cooling the FX-9000 series CPUs. The link below shows the top (10) HSFs for AMD CPUs (scroll down to the AMD section as coolers perform differently on AMD vs. Intel CPUs). Obviously the decision on what cooler to purchase/use is entirely up to you. I did however want to point out the serious leak liability issues that many people experience with liquid coolers because it's an expensive and frustrating experience for many, especially those who buy an H60 or similar size liquid cooler only to find it doesn't even properly cool an FX-8350 125w CPU under full load let alone an OC'd 8-core FX CPU.

Top 5 Heatsink Charts on FrostyTech.com

Any of the top ~(5-6) tower HSFs listed should have no issues cooling your FX-9590 in a mid-sized PC case. There is no need what so ever for a full tower size PC case with any FX model CPU and a proper HSF. In fact the liquid coolers typically require that outside air be blown into the case for these coolers to provide sufficient cooling of the water flowing thru the radiators. Otherwise they can't cool the CPU properly by blowing the air inside the case outward as it should be done. Unfortunately blowing the hot air from the radiators into the PC case causes high turbulence and increased heat for the HDD/SDD, mobo, CPU, GPU, etc. which can shorten their lifespan. You will also find that liquid coolers require high pressure/high speed fans to provide sufficient airflow thru the radiators. Some people find the OE fans so annoying that they spend another $30+ to replace them with more quiet fans. There are obviously a lot of issues with liquid coolers to consider, especially their thermal efficiency. HSFs work so well and have so few issues that they are used on 99% of all consumer PCs- for good reason. Ultimately you need to determine what works for your purposes but at least now you know the full story on CLC/AIO liquid coolers..

0 Kudos