amd 8320 unparked cores-win 10

Greetings i have these specs

Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990Fx R2.0 -

CPU:AMD Fx 8320

GPU: Sapphire VGA R9 380v2 Nitro Dual OC 4GB-

RAM: 16Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz -

Cooler: Corsair H80-

PSU: Super Flower Golden Green HX Series 750w

i noticed that while i am not using any cores,6cores from 8 are parked...

so i would like to unparked all cores!

i tried high perfomance from power managment but when i select it,utilization goes always 100% and so cores are unparked...

is there any way to unpark all cores and having 1-5% utilization while i am not doing nothing?

i have win 10 pro 64bit

0 Likes
5 Replies
kingfish
MVP

Re: amd 8320 unparked cores-win 10

Windows 10 has a different method for core parking. To unpark the cores, set your computer power plan to 'Performance' (not the default 'balanced').

Windows 10 core parking (Core Parking Index) is controlled by the computer power plan. Setting the power plan to "High Performance" disables any core parking (all cores un-parked). Setting the computer power plan to "Balanced" or "Power Saving" parks any core with less than 5% usage.

0 Likes
neokosmitis
Adept I

did u read what i wrote? if i choose high perfomance disables core parking but utilizations goes 100%...

what i want is having all cores unparked and 0% utilization while i dont use my cpu... the problem is that....in high perfomance without do nothing utilization all the time is 100%

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

Then report it to Microsoft. That's the way they designed the OS.

0 Likes
neokosmitis
Adept I

so next time plz read before post

0 Likes
techguy
Forerunner

You could also have a mobo BIOS issue as the CPUs loads should not change just by enabling all cores with the Win10 O/S power plan set to "High Performance". Utilization is just a display of current core usage and will change constantly. If you have background applets running such as anti-virus or similar, these can cause excessive core utilization also if they have some conflict.

0 Likes