cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

sweatheart
Journeyman III

AMD 7 Ryzen 2700U vs. AMD Ryzen 5 3500U (Windows 11)

Hello Amd Teams, 

please can you explain what is the difference between Ryzen™ 7 2700U vs AMD Ryzen™ 5 3500U. I have only seen that the Ryzen™ 7 2700U have a better CPU Frequence. 

I don't understand why Windows 11 supported the AMD Ryzen™ 3500U  and not the AMD Ryzen™ 2700U. Please can you explain what can be the technical backgrounds for the CPU.   I think AMD must be involved in the Microsoft 11 Project.

I  think the AMD Ryzen™ 2700U is better then AMD Ryzen™ 3500U. I don't understand the decision of Microsoft.

Is it possible that contact the AMD Technical Teams the Microsoft development Teams  ?   

0 Likes
2 Replies
MacArthur
Adept III

hi 

because 3500U new gen and support more Technology 

i hope can help you

The difference between the Ryzen 2700U and Ryzen 3500U is it Micro-architecture.

Ryzen 2700U is a ZEN or ZEN1 processor which isn't supported by Windows 11 while the Ryzen 3500U is a ZEN+ processor which is supported by Windows 11.

As mentioned by the previous reply it is a combination of technology and software the Microsoft determines which processor Windows 11 supports or not and not AMD or the manufacturers of Processors. Most likely AMD and other processor manufacturers gives Microsoft all the data they need to determine if a processor is supported or not by Windows 11. But at the end Microsoft has the final decision.