cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Mozart
Adept I

AMD 5800x WHEA BSOD

So i currently got a 5800x and have a WHEA BSOD when i play games and nothing else and sometimes my PC slows down to being unusable but when i get a BSOD its the PSHED.dll and ntoskrnl.exe that is the reason for the crash and everything i have is up to date, BIOS is the newest version i have the newest chipset drivers and im on a clean install of Windows 10 pro and all temps are fine and dandy and under stress it just gets hot thats all but its not TJ MAX but again it only crashes when gaming not even game benchmarks

DUMP FILE: https://ufile.io/7ovune9a

SPECS:
CPU: 5800x
AIO: NZXT X62 kraken 280mm
MOBO: Asus Rog strix crosshair viii hero WIFI (x570)
RAM: Corsair LPX 3600mhz cl18 32gb
OS Drive: Samsung 970 evo 500gb
SSD: Samsung evo 850
HDD: Seagate barracuda 3tb
PSU: Corsair RM1000x

0 Likes
1 Solution

Okay so I finally got my cpu rmaed but chose to get a 5600x instead and now the whea errors are gone but the “slow”/“hang” issue is still there but I have disabled the global c-state and that makes it seem stable 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
malzmidx
Adept I

My brother has the same exact motherboard and cpu and still gets random crashes. Still not fully sure what the problem is. Can be very hard to troubleshoot. We tried switching chips, which apparently didn't help. Gonna try changing psu and gpu next. Only variable left are windows, ram, and motherboard. But im starting to think/hate that motherboard. 

0 Likes

A lot of my problems went away with a clean install of Windows but i have started a RMA on my CPU and i just have to send it away, i found out the crash came from PBO because when PBO is disabled then my CPU dont crash in games (probably SUPER BAD luck in the silicone lottery) so i have that turned off so far but it could be a crappy BIOS that puts too much into the CPU when im gaming and its asking for something or it could be a bad motherboard but then i suppose the crashes should also happen in a stress test but when i get a new CPU i will comment on here if i have the same problem or not (i will probably have a new CPU in a months time which is a super long time for me since i dont have another amd cpu to use so i have to not use my pc in that time)

When you have a BSOD try the program "Bluescreenview" and see what things it points to and also try and run a memtest86 to see if you get ram errors, i hope you get your stuff fixed brother but we are sadly just a drop of water in the ocean of other people with these problems with the new 5000 series cpus but a lot of people have gotten their problems fixed with a new CPU through RMA

0 Likes

i forgot to add that if you have some problems where your PC slows down A TON to where you need to hard reboot it try and disable "Global C-State" that helped me

0 Likes

Okay so I finally got my cpu rmaed but chose to get a 5600x instead and now the whea errors are gone but the “slow”/“hang” issue is still there but I have disabled the global c-state and that makes it seem stable 

gggplaya
Journeyman III

I'm having the same issue with my 5800x.  I can't run stock settings at all, it runs bench testing just fine, but 15 minutes into most games and it starts to crash with WHEA BSOD error.  

Was the RMA process hard, do you have to send your processor in to them first and then they send you a new one?  So you'll be without a computer for a while, what was the turnaround time?

Right now, I have to manual clock to 4.4ghz at 1.35 volts to make my PC run stable.  But it's rock solid at this frequency.

0 Likes

Hi 

Have temporary fix, by going to BIOS and changing the override CPU Voltage to 1.25v. (3.8GHZ), I also disabled PBO.

but is there a final solution? by the brand

@gggplaya  is safe manual clock to 4.4ghz at 1.35 volts to make my PC run stable. ??

0 Likes