cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

mathelite
Journeyman III

AMD 5 3600 doesn't work

So, actually I buy a new cpu (3600) and when i try to run my pc, just before i come on desktop. My pc need to releod because it find an error. 
 My components:
-Motherboard: ASUS TUF GAMING B450
-RAM: Ripjaws V Series 16GB 3200
-Power Supply: EVGA 450 BR
-GPU: RX570

My BIOS and my chipset have already the good update for the 3rd Gen

0 Likes
26 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

mathelite, how can you have update chip set when you cannot boot?  Please tell us what the error is.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

I am using an other CPU, 2200G. So, i did the chipset's update on my motherboard. 

0 Likes

mathelite, BIOS is on the MB, drivers are stored in the operating system.  You must install a new OS when you install a new processor.  Are you sure you MB supports the 3600? - probably NOT.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

So, my motherboard can support the 3600, but i didn't when we install a new cpu, we need a new OS. Thank you about that!

0 Likes

windows is tied to the motherboard not the CPU

0 Likes

check for a BIOS update for the motherboard, this way new AGESA tables will be installed to support the more recent processors

0 Likes

I've already did the update for the gen 3, i can reach the BIOS but i can't reach Windows, my pc reboot before with a blue screen.

0 Likes

mathelite, what was the error?  How did you install W10?  If you have not, then do that first.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

I did the installation of Windows 10 with my older processor, 2200g. And i get this error when im trying to boot with my 3600.20191218_173725.jpg

0 Likes

But i can reach the BIOS and it see my CPU.20191218_173627.jpg

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

mathelite, what you are trying to do will not work anyway.  You need to install W10 with your new processor installed.  So install your 3600, boot your install media and install W10.  If you have a problem, post the information and we will work on that.  Thanks, John.

0 Likes

misterj wrote:

mathelite, what you are trying to do will not work anyway.  You need to install W10 with your new processor installed.  So install your 3600, boot your install media and install W10.  If you have a problem, post the information and we will work on that.  Thanks, John.

My X570 only supports Windows 10, same as my X470 and even my B350

0 Likes

what do you want to say about that hardcoregames, i don't really understand sorry ^^. But yes i will try to install a new windows 10 on pc 

0 Likes

check with your MB vendor's site for a BIOS update, select the most recent one for modern processors

then you should be able to use the R5 3600 without problems.

0 Likes

I've already tried this, i put the most recent but sill not working. Normaly, the version 1607 is suppose the work, but i get the 2006 and still not working. I've tried 3 differents update (one of them is the first version of the BIOS for the 3rd gen)

0 Likes

And also, as you can see, my mother can has the 3600, so I don't know what is the problem.
TUF B450M-PRO GAMING CPU Support | Motherboards | ASUS Global 

0 Likes

you need BIOS 1201 or above to support the R5 3600 processor according to the CPU support page

BIOS 2006 is the latest with the update AGESA 1.0.0.4 tables so you should use this while I walk you other steps to fix the problems

0 Likes

I put the 2006 version, but still not working

0 Likes

Backup any important files and use the reset windows feature, while windows can save files, the backup is for safety

0 Likes

On my C:\ ?

0 Likes

mathelite wrote:

On my C:\ ?

yes

0 Likes

Thank you so much ! I can now use my 3600, i just reinstall Windows and it work

0 Likes

mathelite wrote:

Thank you so much ! I can now use my 3600, i just reinstall Windows and it work

good to hear you back in business

rajkuw
Journeyman III

Hello friends i am having similar problem with my  new system,i got it assembled on 10 sep 2019 ,since then i am experiencing system crashes with blue screen(BSOD),initially i would reinstall windows but now neither i can boot into system nor i can reinstall windows 10 ,since during reinsatallion process the system crashes with Blue screen(BSOD),I have mailed to the AMD support,but they asked me to log into my system and generate some report and send that report to them but since i can not boot into my system  how can i send them the report,so i called up the support but they are not at all friendly and helpful ,they disconnected the call rudely and asked to follow the instruction as detailed in the mail,i.e to send them the report from my system , this is really fcking insane on the part of amd .Anyways my system specs are 1)CPU AMD RYZEN 5 3600 2) MBO-MSI B450M PRO-VDH PLUS 3)RAM CORSAIR 8GB*2DDR4 VENGENCE(3000MHz) 4)SMPS COOLER MASTER 550W 5)GRAPHIC CARD ZOTAC GT730(4GB DDR3), 6)SSD WD 240 GB, 7)HDD SEAGATE 1TB SATA,,. BIOS VERSION :E7A38AMS.950, BIOS DATE:22/07/2019, So please anyone throw some light on my problem,and i swear i will never ever trust AMD and its product and their support

check the BIOS on the motherboard and make sure its the latest version to support your new CPU

B350, X370, B450 and X470 can run Ryzen 3000 processors but they need a BIOS update to do that

0 Likes

Hi rajkuw, 

How did you go with your issue. I'm having exact the same issue like you and still haven't found solution. I have changed all the parts accept the CPU but got the same result (BSOD). I couldn't install nor boot to Windows 10. I'm looking for and old Cpu to test for the last time to confirm if it's cpu issue. 

0 Likes