Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

AM4 Ryzen Drivers wont install - Win 10

I built a new setup today. It consists of a R7 1700, Gigabyte AX370 Gaming K5 Motherboard, AMD RX 480 with Windows 10

When I try to install the Ryzen Chipset drivers all it wants to do is install the RX 480 graphics card driver. Anyone know a work around on this.

Specs:

Radeon Software Version - 17.5.1

Radeon Software Edition - Crimson ReLive

Graphics Chipset - Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics

Memory Size - 4096 MB

Memory Type - GDDR5

Core Clock - 1266 MHz

Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)

System Memory - 16 GB

CPU Type - AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Eight-Core Processor

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Re: AM4 Ryzen Drivers wont install - Win 10

download the driver from New AMD Ryzen chipset drivers now available it might Work also here Gaming

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I did download that driver. All it wants to install is the graphics driver.

The AMD Ryzen chipset driver when launched comes up with the Crimson software telling me my video card driver is up to date.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

this is the direckt link Chipset from amd

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

I had the same problem before which ended up with me not having the chipset drivers installed at all and my computer crashing non stop the next day. I had to reinstall windows and figured out why. The installer gives three options. The middle one says Recommended, and the Far right one says Optional, the option on the left (Partially Installed) is the one you want to click. It's messed up like that and not intuitive at all.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Mine doesn't say "partial", when I click on the left option "currently installed" all it gives me is after that is "uninstall"

When I click on it and go through the steps, I click custom uninstall and the only drivers it shows installed is the HDMI driver, video card driver and crimson software.

This is driving me crazy. The system seems to work ok, but it does some weird things like USB devices connect and disconnect, and I also get "Radeon Wattman reset due to a failure"

AMD needs to fix this, why is the video card driver in the same package as the chipset driver?

amd_crimson.PNG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I have that driver, it still only wants to install the video card driver, no chipset driver.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

How about the middle option Local Driver? I think that was the one.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

According to the screenshot you already have the correct 17.10 Chipset drivers installed.

Ignore the notification about the Crimson driver, i agree it is confusing.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

thank you!! Finally ryzen chipset driver installed!!

0 Kudos