cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

AM4 and the G.Skill F4-3200C14D-64GTZDC

So here was have it, G.Skill has gone and stuffed sticks with 32 chips to come up with 32GB each

The F4-3200C14D-64GTZDC are 14-14-14-34 which is not bad for DDR4-3200 memory. Measly $749 for a pair of them.

So if I stuff 4 sticks into my MSI B350M mother can it see all the memory chips or not? This gets me to 128GB.

0 Likes
6 Replies

32GB is MAX for your MB and you have only 2 DDR4 lanes,...

0 Likes

I suspect a BIOS fix can get the CPU to use all of the memory.My motherboard has 4 memory slots so it can have 64GB using 16GB sticks.

I used an open source BIOS on a Lenovo laptop and it improved the memory speed and capacity limit too. The improvement was stupendous.

I believe ROMs are limited to prevent adding too much memory and using then for servers etc.

0 Likes

MSI B350M and what version ?

I found MSI B350M Gaming Pro and that supports what is aid above.

You can just look at your MB website for this info, it's all there,... No need to make tickets about it.

0 Likes

I have the MSI B350M bazooka

0 Likes

Okay, you got my attention when you mentioned you installed a "OPEN SOURCE" BIOS in your Lenovo laptop. What is an Open Source BIOS?

A BIOS someone created outside of the companies that make official BIOSes?  How is it  compatible with a motherboard?

0 Likes

I have some old Lenovo laptops and looking for a no whitelist ROM i discovered an open source ROM

it's not UEFI or anything but on a german forum a few have it working on T61 machines etc

0 Likes