cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

epxiahss
Adept I

A8-4500M Overclocking

Hi, this will be my first post, I hope somebody can help me with my problem.

Recently I tried to overclock my AMD A8-4500M processor with AOC, but now for some reason the ''Control Turbo Core'' button greyed out and I cant get it to work again, also my GHz was 2.3 but now it is at 1.9. I tried re-installing AOC but nothing happened

0 Likes
3 Replies

That is why you shouldn't Overclock Laptop processors or GPUs. Laptops aren't designed to be overclocked due to Power and Temperature restrictions.

I would suggest to "reset"  the processor with whatever program you used to overclock the APU and uninstall the Overclocking software. Then go to BIOS and see how you can "Reset" your laptop BIOS back to "Default" or "factory settings".

Your APU is considered to be "legacy" old and non-supported by AMD with any more updated drivers. The last AMD Laptop driver for your APU is from 2015 (WHQL) or 2016 (BETA). You can download it them from here: A8-4500M with Radeon™ HD 7640G Drivers & Support | AMD 

If your Laptop manufacturer's driver are about the same years, it is best to install those since they are 100% compatible with your laptop.

Not sure how to Reset a Laptop's BIOS back to default, you may need to consult your laptop's manual. Also I would be sure your laptop has the latest BIOS installed and CHIP Set from the laptop's manufacturer Support site.

Hi staci, thanks for your answer.

I tried to ''restart'' the processor's setting but nothing happened, I still got the same frequency. I would like to add also the fact that no matter what I do, the cpu refuses to boost from 1.9ghz to 2.8ghz, or at least 2,3ghz which is what I had at start. I've put the processor under heavy load for about 30 minutes and the processor only got to 1.9ghz at most. The clock can only be modified in amd overdrive and not in the bios on my laptop

0 Likes

I am surprised that AMD Overdrive was able to install on your Laptop. From what I gathered, no AMD Overclocking software is compatible with laptops.

That is besides the point. In AMD Overdrive can you set your APU to "Default" or "Factory Settings"?  If so do that and uninstall.  If not, try uninstalling Overdrive and see if you again have control in BIOS over your APU.

Otherwise, I would suggest you contact your Laptop's Support site and open a Support Ticket to see what they say you can do to return your BIOS back to "Factory Settings" or "Default" or get your APU back to the way it was before you overclocked.

If your Laptop is still under Warranty and you contact the Laptop's Manufacturer Support site, it is a good chance they will void your Laptop Warranty. This is just my opinion. But manufacturers will void a Warranty if their hardware has been Overclocked in any way.

0 Likes