Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

galois
Journeyman III

A6-7480 Windows 10 Thread Stuck in Device Driver

Hi all,

How are you? I've been problems when my pc starts.

Everytime I turn my pc on, the follow error is showed: thread stuck in device driver.

First of all my hardware:

Processor: A6-7480K

Motherboard: ASRock FM2A68M-DG3+

What have I done?

Well, i've done several things....

1. I've updated BIOS version to P5.20 .

2. I reinstalled Windows twice. Now, I'm using Windows 10 1903.

3. In Power Options (Control Panel), I changed the option for default to High Performance.

4. I've tried several drivers:

a. Updated by windows update

b. Install last drivers available on AMD Drivers and Support without internet connection. Of course, I've disabled                 "Windows Update"

c. I've tried A6-7400K and A6-7470K drivers because A6-7480K is missing. Also I've downloaded and install                 autodetect software.

d. I've tried 19.5.2 version and also 19.7.5

e. I've tried clean instalattion and install only.

Does anybody know how to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Reply
unhappybagel
Journeyman III

Hello there!  

I've been having a similar issue with the same error code, (THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER), for quite some time right now. The error code itself suggests that it's a problem in your processing software (it could be either Windows 10 or any AMD software). However, when I had this problem, reinstalling both of them gave no change to the problem. Obviously, you're in the same boat, since you've also reinstalled Windows 10 twice and installed several different drivers. What fixed it for me was buying a new PSU. You didn't give any information on what your PSU wattage is, but I used to have a 450 wt and I switched to an 850 wt, and it worked. I suggest you do the same. I understand that buying a new PSU can be expensive. Trust me, I felt the same way about spending $150 to fix an issue suggested for a software, but it's the only thing that worked for me. (You could probably get your problem sorted out getting a minimal upgrade to a 500 wt PSU, but I suggest at least getting a 650 wt to ensure that the problem won't continue.)

I hope your problem gets fixed soon, good luck!

0 Likes