cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

pctech4life
Adept I
Adept I

Re: A6-7400K Black Edition CPU in a Gigabyte F2A68HM-H mobo rev 1.1.

Jump to solution

I have a twin corsair tower I run my server on and the same switch config and haven’t had any issues. And on the prep on all the latest drivers, you thought same as I did,LOL! I went there and all components are compatible and all the software to D/L is there along with the latest bios. Im doing that first, then while not connecting to the net because I don’t want Microsoft drivers, I’ll install Windows and the ASRock drivers. Then I’ll turn her loose to my network. Ive seen cases in which after MSFT puts their driver in, and you try to replace it with say for example an NVIDIA native driver, it just wont happen. So now I load windows without net access, update my drivers from a thumb drive, then hook up to the net and do a windows update. Rock N Roll !!

Thanks,

Russ

0 Kudos
pctech4life
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

Well the replacement mobo came in, made by ASRock. Everything is working Great!! No more shutdown issues and temps are down cause I took the stock heatsink off and put a Thermaltake cooler on.

Here is the board I got from Amazon

https://asrock.com/MB/AMD/FM2A88M%20Extreme4+/

Thanks,

Russ

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
elstaci
Esteemed Contributor III

Jump to solution

Fantastic that it was a bad cheap mobo. Good troubleshooting. Sometimes it is very difficult to distinguish a software from a hardware issue.

Mark your last comment as "Correct" since it fixed your problem and to let other Users know it was hardware and not software issue.

Good luck with your new setup.

0 Kudos