cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

gt4_nmore
Adept I

a320m short term Processor Loan Boot Kit?

Is it possible to get a short term processor loan boot kit for an A320 motherboard?

0 Likes
7 Replies

You can try and see if AMD Warranty will send you one. But according to the Short Term Load of Boot Kit, it is only for 400 series motherboards upgrading to 3rd generation processors.

You can open a AMD Warranty Request and ask for a boot kit and see what they say: AMD Warranty Request Form | AMD 

This are the several ways you can upgrade your BIOS on your 300 series motherboard if you don't qualify for the Boot Kit: Unable to Boot New Desktop System Configured with AMD 3rd Generation Ryzen™ Desktop Processor, and A... 

I believe in the past AMD did offer Boot kits for older motherboards. But not sure if that still is in effect.

BEST TO OPEN A AMD WARRANTY REQUEST TO FIND OUT IF YOU QUALIFY FOR THE BOOT KIT OR NOT.

vulpine05
Adept II

What processor do you have?  The A320 does not support Ryzen 3000 series.

0 Likes

According to ASRock CPU List for the A320M Motherboard it does with a BIOS update: ASRock > A320M 

My mobo is msi but it is basically the same thing, I just need to know if I can get a loan boot kit with an A320M motherboard

0 Likes

Open a AMD Warranty Request online form and asked them for a boot kit. I do know when Ryzen first came out, they had boot kits for those motherboards that support it with an updated BIOS.

That would be your best bet to see if AMD will send you a boot kit even though it isn't a 400 series motherboard.  Hopefully since the 300 series motherboard also supports the 3rd generation processors they may send you one.

NOTE: did check one of MSI A320M models and they do have support for the Ryzen 3rd generation processor with a BIOS update.

Also not sure if you need to actually have the Processor in hand (purchased) to get the boot kit.

elstaci‌ I will try that

0 Likes

I have no am4 processor at the moment but going to order a r5 3600, I need to update the bios to get it to work with ryzen 3000 but i have no other processor to update with

0 Likes