cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

dinamo
Adept I

A10 7870k its very noise

Hello everyone, im new at the community. I have a problem whit mi apu A10 7870k, its very noise since the first day i buy it. I think the problem its the manufactured sink but im not really sure. Did some one get same problem as me? Have some one a solution to this problem?

Also, i see on internet that may be a good idea to get a new sink: cooler master evo 212. Please comment.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Re: A10 7870k its very noise

Except for the Wraith cooler, stock HSFs are quite noisy. The CoolerMaster 212 is a tower heatsink, so be aware of the height if you have a small case, and the possibility you may lose access to at least 1 RAM slot.

dinamo
Adept I

Don't have an wraith cooler 😕 so i need to upgrade my case too...What others coolers do you recommend ?

0 Kudos

Not necessarily, what is your case and budget? Also if silence is your aim, you can use a closed loop liquid cooler like the CORSAIR Hydro Series H75 CW-9060015-WW Water / Liquid CPU Cooler 120 MM-Newegg.com  for an inaudible experience.

dinamo
Adept I

Its an old generic case so i still have to upgrade my case, but in my country they are quite expensive so it will take me a couple of months to have the money. The most accesible sink in terms of price in my country its the cooler master evo 212 so thats why i ask for.

0 Kudos

Yes, and like I said being a tower heatsink it is tall, 159mm or 6.3 inches (the length of a standard 120mm fan plus a bit more for the heatpipes and base.) So you can (with the computer off) measure from the CPU to the side panel with a tape measure, and if you don't see 6.4" or the equivalent in mm, you're going to need a new case. That's why I suggested a liquid cooler, as it may be cheaper than both a new case and that heatsink.