cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

mkens1
Journeyman III

A10 7850K - should bios version be the most recent available or the one listed on the compatability list?

I see the list for compatibility lists an older BIOS version. Should I stick with that older one or go with the newest always?  I am having freezing issues - will reverting back to the older bios on the list fix this?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
neon
Miniboss

Re: A10 7850K - should bios version be the most recent available or the one listed on the compatability list?

You didn't give specifics of your motherboard, but in general, each BIOS release includes the fixes and changes from earlier BIOS versions. Therefore, the newest BIOS should be chosen unless there is some specific issue documented in the BIOS install instructions or changelogs that explains a reason to use an older BIOS.

0 Kudos
techguy
Forerunner

Re: A10 7850K - should bios version be the most recent available or the one listed on the compatability list?

In rare instances reverting back to an older, appropriate BIOS version might fix some issue.

Freezing can be caused by many things and is not normally the result of using a newer BIOS, which tend to be better and have fixes for earlier BIOS models as noted by "neon". If you are familiar with changing BIOS it should not be a big issue to test the older version if you started experiencing issues after installing a newer BIOS. You may also desire to run Memtest86+ overnight to see if you have a RAM issue. Applets like OCCT and others will record the critical CPU operating conditions such as internal core temp, vcore voltage, frequency etc. which might help identify what is causing your PC to freeze such as an overheating CPU or low vcore voltage, etc.

0 Kudos