cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

gunox9
Adept I

A new CPU R5 1600(12nm) doesn't work with GTX 780 but the older R5 1600(14nm) works well.

I was building a new computer, some of the parts are used or some of them brand new, but i couldn't manage to pass POST. 
MSI B450M PRO-M2 V2
Ryzen 1600 (12nm)
Apacher Panther 2x8 3000MHz(2133 i am using at stock frequency.)

nVidia GTX 680

Thermaltake 700W + SSD

This builds works fine but whenever i change the graphics card to GTX780, it doesn't work with it. Motherboard says 1 long 2 short beeps and VGA Light keeps steady.

I just changed the cpu with the older Ryzen 1600 (14nm) it works with both GTX 680 and GTX 780.

I swapped everything to MSI B350 Tomahawk and same errors with Ryzen 1600 (12nm).

By the way i tried every part of this build, they work fine but Ryzen 1600 (12nm).

Don't mind to type everything you know even they are simple, sometimes thinking advanced doesn't solve problems.

Any ideas or known solution for this?

Thanks

0 Likes
3 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

gunox9, have you updated the BIOS?  The MB vendor should be able to tell you what the beep codes mean.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

As i mentioned, 1 long 2 short beeps. VGA Error. But no explanation furthermore. I tried on same Motherboard old and new CPU; older one has no compatibility issue with same card.

By the way, i updated.

0 Likes

gunox9, I recommend you contact AMD Online Support.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes