cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

matthewg7158
Adept I

6 core 3600 cpu/cpu fan problems

So i recently bought a whole new rig to start building. I got the 6 core ryzen 3600 and when i plugged the fan into the MB the CPU or fan wouldn't turn on but the RGB lights on the MB were very clearly working but non of the fans were (including the one on the MB). Is this a MB issue, a CPU issue, power supply issue or just being a stupid issue? (I got the asus tuf gaming x570-plus as my mother board and my power supply is the EVGA 650w gold 80+) (When i tried plugging in the GPU as well, nothing spun, it was just sitting there)

0 Likes
4 Replies

Make sure you have the CPU or EPS 12 vdc Power plug installed besides the normal Motherboard main connector.  The CPU or EPS 12 vdc Plug normally is either 4 or 8 pin connector.  If the 4 or 8 Pin CPU or EPS 12 Vdc is not plugged in your motherboard won't boot.

From ASUS FAQ:

What Trouble LED or Q-Digital Codes or Beeps are showing on the motherboard when you power on?

Sounds like the 12 vdc is missing. The case fans and CPU Cooler fans all work on 12 vdc.  I would check the PSU outputs for 12 vdc outputs (within 5% tolerance). Also check the 5.0 Vdc and 3.3 Vdc. If you have all the Motherboard Power connectors connected to the Motherboard.

From your EVGA PSU Manual:

I had all the power cords that could fit into the motherboard in so i dont think that was the problem

0 Likes

What does your Motherboard's Q-Codes show or Trouble LED lights are lit?

Either your Motherboard or PSU seems to indicate as being defective.

I would open a Asus Support ticket or Chat to determine if they feel you need to RMA your motherboard to be checked.

Same for EVGA Support concerning your PSU which has a 5 year Warranty.

0 Likes

The trouble led lights dont even show and ive tested the psu on my friends system and it works fine so i think its a motherboard issue. Ive already contacted asus and the supplier about it and how i want it fixed or a refund to buy a different board