Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Evgz88
Journeyman III

5995wx getting only to 3.6 Ghz

Hello guys,

when using programs on windows 11 clock speeds up only to 3.6Ghz, why its not going to 4.5Ghz?

0 Likes
8 Replies
EFermi
Miniboss

May be due to many reasons.
Power Limit, temperature, difference between multi-core and single-core boost. The first one can be solved in your BIOS or some AMD tweaking utility; temperature, if it's an issue, would require new, better cooling; as for boost difference the only way to solve it I know of is to, unfortunately, lock all cores to the desired frequency in BIOS while applying appropriate voltage and turning off all auto clock-tuning features.

0 Likes
Evgz88
Journeyman III

don't think that's cooling problem...
about bios tried to tweak some stuff with no success
could it be motherboard issues? using ASUS WRX80 mother board. for 5995wx they made a new update for bios version recently

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

Evgz88, without some information we can only speculate.  Please stay out of BIOS until we see something and post a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM). Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes
LVsFINEST
Adept I

I don't believe that Asus board supports PBO.

0 Likes
Evgz88
Journeyman III

https://gyazo.com/e4377423d8202445b19fd84bc98fc979
this is the image RYZEN MASTER when running program

0 Likes

Evgz88, you can simply drag and drop your image into your post.  PPT and CPU Power are both red causing throttling but there is plenty of temperature range.  You can raise these limits in RM or accept the current performance. Thanks, enjoy, John.

0 Likes

what causing the PPT and CPU power to get red? and in Ryzen Master i can't change anything because no overclocking alowed... so don't understand what i need to do

0 Likes

Evgz88, I do not know what is causing the red in RM. Please open an AMD Online Service request and asked them.  I was very surprised that your processor is NOT unlocked! I suggest you try Cinebench R23 for a test. Goodluck, John.

0 Likes